2008 427R Turbo build. Pic heavy

Freaknazty

KEYBOARD NINJA
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Good luck when I saw MMR I stopped reading.

Earl

HAHAHAHA I kept reading waiting for the end of the post to say " update the MMR motor took a shit on me with 300 miles " lmao . And before it gets asked yes I have dealt with MMR and yes I think they are a shitty company . Nice car besides that though .

antonio1988

Redline: 8600rpm
Reaction score
sounds like the build will be amazing, I would steer away from MMR though. It seems to me that they are the only company that every single mustang site agrees is shady and build inferior products and brings a slew of problems with it.

The Reapar

GREAD Tuning
Reaction score
Guys, I get it. No one likes MMR. Its been said over and over. Lets move past that and concentrate on the build. The supplier isn't going to change at this point as the engine is in the car. I know everyone's opinion and I appreciate the heads up, but it is what it is.

With that being said I'll have a bunch of pics tonight of the engine in the car and the turbo kit being fitted. We had to do some mods to the stock K-member to fit the larger oil pan but other then that engine placement worked out okay. Lets hope the turbo kit installs as smoothly but with Hellion stuff I think we are going to be okay.

Charles

stkjock

---- Madmin ----
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Guys, I get it. No one likes MMR. Its been said over and over. Lets move past that and concentrate on the build. The supplier isn't going to change at this point as the engine is in the car. I know everyone's opinion and I appreciate the heads up, but it is what it is.

Charles

Well said Charles.

Guy's made his choice, now let it rest please, good luck with the build Charles.

The Reapar

GREAD Tuning
Reaction score
Well said Charles.

Guy's made his choice, now let it rest please, good luck with the build Charles.

Thanks. With that being said, here are some more pics!!

IMG_0481.jpg

This FORE stuff is well worth the money for those of you that cringe at the price. All top notch stuff.

IMG_0484.jpg

Stock IMRC plates with the butterfly's removed.

IMG_0497.jpg

Holes welded up.

IMG_0501.jpg

IMG_0502.jpg

We used the relocated IAT sensor that came on the roush car already and plumbed it into the runner on the IMRC plate. This will A: let me watch air temps close to the head, B: build in a margin of safety into the tune in case the meth stop spraying, and C: it will give me a little insight as the the meth distribution thoughout the manifold.

IMG_0504.jpg

Turbo hotside in place.

IMG_0500.jpg

IMG_0505.jpg

We went ahead and upgrade wastegates on this car. Being that it is a stroker and we will be making a lot of boost on race gas I didn't want any issues with boost control and creeping with the evolution gate that comes with the Hellion Kit. This is a turbonetics race gate and works fairly well but does require modification to the wastegate mounting flange and tube. We will be venting to atmosphere on this car.

IMG_0498.jpg

IMG_0499.jpg

and a little teaser of what the turbo will look like without the tape on it under the hood. Im glad we went with the all black look. I like it.

IMG_0493.jpg

Thats all for now. Should have this running by friday and on the dyno sat or for some break-in time. Monday or tuesday should have some vids and dyno numbers!

stevstum

Reaction score
Is that the stock plastic intake.:omfg: Or is the intake just power coated?

The Reapar

GREAD Tuning
Reaction score
Some more pics. Got the gauges installed.

IMG_0515.jpg

IMG_0516.jpg

IMG_0518.jpg

Finished up installing the rest of the turbo stuff. Here is the FMIC from underneath going in.

IMG_0512.jpg

All in there.

IMG_0520.jpg

IMG_0519.jpg

The hood came off and the Roush decals are coming off of it and the sides of the car. The hood is getting black striped like the Glidden Edition S197 car seen here.

Edit: Its not getting the shaker
IMG_7161.jpg

On another note the car started up and ran beautifully yesterday. We still have a few odd's and ends to wrap up and wont have the driveshaft until monday around lunch time but after that it will be ready to go on the dyno for a little break in. Going to change the oil after that and start doing some boost tuning. Should have some solid numbers, pics, and vids by Wednesday or Thursday of next week.

Charles

Back