2011 NMRA World Finals Videos and Time Slips tigermachine

Bulldog1964

Bobby
Reaction score
Some of those pictures look Very Familiar.....:thumb:
Ron

Ron, I agree those pictures sure do look Familiar for sure!!!

What a RUSH to stand at the far end of the track and see this Beast coming at you with the Supercharger whining !!! What a GREAT WEEKEND!!!!!!!

Terry Great Job determining what MODS needed to be completed to make the Tigermachine one BADDDD Street car!!!! Oh and with all of the Modifications that ALSO make it one AWESOME SHOW CAR!!!

Brenspeed did a Great job making all of it work together, Tuning it and now it is a COMPLETE PACKAGE!!! AWESOME!!!

TexasTom

Reaction score
Hi guys,

I just registered on S197 a couple of weeks ago, after selling a set of OEM Bullitt wheels and Nitto INVO tires to a member here.

I usually just post over on IMBOC, but because I was there in Bowling Green with Terry and the tigermachine I thought I would drop in for a few comments.

Terry's car is BAD to the bone on the track: The times say it all.

Even more impressive is that the car is perfectly streetable. I spent a day at Terry's house after the event and he drove me around Franklin and Cool Springs, Tennessee in the daytime and then again at night.

You get in, turn the key, push the "Start" button, put the shifter into "D" and off you go with no theatrics. The car rides better than stock, corners, brakes and behaves beautifully.

There are a lot of mechanical sounds going on along with the Borla exhaust, but the Saleen whine is the obvious conductor of the symphony.

As we were leaving the drive-thru at a bank Terry goosed it. Jeez, i thought the tellers and the bank customers were going to hit the deck thinking a SWAT team had arrived. We were laughing like a couple of teenagers.

Terry has built an incredible machine and I appreciate being his first passenger.

The Bowling Green event was fantastic and the Brenspeed crew were terrific. I suppose I should mention that Brenspeed also built my Bullitt (Saleen, long tubes, LCRs, dyno tune, and a bunch of other little goodies.) They are the BEST performance shop I have ever dealt with bar none.

Cheers,
Tom

P.S. Sorry I pushed the stop button too soon when taking the "Whine" video before the camera focused on the e.t.

tigerhonaker

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Nice car and GREAT explanation!
Thanks ...

Very Nice Post, Terry !!!

Some of those pictures look Very Familiar.....:thumb:
Ron
Thanks and you have.

Great write-up Terry. I think your logic is sound in Brenspeed and allowing Chandler to muscle the car down the track. And you know very well that if something broke, they'd make it good before final delivery. And I love the whine of the supercharger. God, that's awesome.

And for the other folks our there reading this. I live in Southwest Florida and I drove to Brenspeed in Sept of 2010 to have work done on my car. I have to tell you, I had the best service ever from Chandler, George and Brent and the entire Brenspeed Team. It was worth the 1,300 mile trip each way. This was the best customer service experience I ever had. So like Terry says, "Don't knock it until you've tried it."

Brenspeed is top notch in my book.
Thank-You sir.

10.3 at 135... awesome! :clap:
Hi Chad and it turned out very well Pal.

Ron, I agree those pictures sure do look Familiar for sure!!!

What a RUSH to stand at the far end of the track and see this Beast coming at you with the Supercharger whining !!! What a GREAT WEEKEND!!!!!!!

Terry Great Job determining what MODS needed to be completed to make the Tigermachine one BADDDD Street car!!!! Oh and with all of the Modifications that ALSO make it one AWESOME SHOW CAR!!!

Brenspeed did a Great job making all of it work together, Tuning it and now it is a COMPLETE PACKAGE!!! AWESOME!!!
Thanks ...

Hi guys,

I just registered on S197 a couple of weeks ago, after selling a set of OEM Bullitt wheels and Nitto INVO tires to a member here.

I usually just post over on IMBOC, but because I was there in Bowling Green with Terry and the tigermachine I thought I would drop in for a few comments.

Terry's car is BAD to the bone on the track: The times say it all.

Even more impressive is that the car is perfectly streetable. I spent a day at Terry's house after the event and he drove me around Franklin and Cool Springs, Tennessee in the daytime and then again at night.

You get in, turn the key, push the "Start" button, put the shifter into "D" and off you go with no theatrics. The car rides better than stock, corners, brakes and behaves beautifully.

There are a lot of mechanical sounds going on along with the Borla exhaust, but the Saleen whine is the obvious conductor of the symphony.

As we were leaving the drive-thru at a bank Terry goosed it. Jeez, i thought the tellers and the bank customers were going to hit the deck thinking a SWAT team had arrived. We were laughing like a couple of teenagers.

Terry has built an incredible machine and I appreciate being his first passenger.

The Bowling Green event was fantastic and the Brenspeed crew were terrific. I suppose I should mention that Brenspeed also built my Bullitt (Saleen, long tubes, LCRs, dyno tune, and a bunch of other little goodies.) They are the BEST performance shop I have ever dealt with bar none.

Cheers,
Tom

P.S. Sorry I pushed the stop button too soon when taking the "Whine" video before the camera focused on the e.t.
I know you liked that ride in it Bro. :clap:

Congrats Terry, it has turned out to be one awesome machine.
It turned out A-OK.

tigerhonaker

tigerhonaker

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Now Tigerman.....with a machine like this, you do realize you're not acting like a common 66-year-old retired senior citizen? :roflmao:
Al,

You mean this little ole machine Bro.

Ronpictures2.jpg

Your exactly right I ain't !!!

tigerhonaker

BoostedGT480

Slow 3v
Reaction score
Awesome car Terry! Maybe next year I can make it down. Ive had so much money being spent on getting my car up and running, I couldnt even think about spending money for the trip. I still got to find money to get my car dyno'd / tuned...it's only partially tuned now

tigerhonaker

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Awesome car Terry! Maybe next year I can make it down. Ive had so much money being spent on getting my car up and running, I couldn't even think about spending money for the trip. I still got to find money to get my car dyno'd / tuned...it's only partially tuned now
Brandon,

You might not think this as old as I am compared to you.
But I can actually relate to the Cost that you speak of.
Unless one is actually just really wealthy the Cost does enter into these builds.
I'm not and therefore I know exactly what you speak of running out of money.

Good-Luck on the completion of your Project.

Terry

twisted_GT500

forum member
Reaction score
As crazy as it sounds, I can't wait til I'm Terry's age! By then I'll be twice retired, with disability and social security...I look forward to that as a time when I'll get to really start doing what I want

tigerhonaker

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
As crazy as it sounds, I can't wait til I'm Terry's age! By then I'll be twice retired, with disability and social security...I look forward to that as a time when I'll get to really start doing what I want
I read you and I will add this.
It is going to be rough for those following us now that did live long enough to retire.
I did it at 62.
And luckily I was and still am in good health.
Not many of us are that way unfortunately.

Terry

retfr8flyr

The Old One
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
+1 I retired at 60 and I'm 66 today. The last couple years have been down hill physically and I am really glad I was able to retire at 60.

The way the world is going I don't know haw many of the younger generation will be able to do what we did Terry.

Earl

BMR Tech

Traction Vendor
Official Vendor
Reaction score
Awesome!

I got to witness the tigermachine race all weekend.

It was great meeting you Terry, I wish we could have spoke a little more, but I was working my tail off!

This car (tigermachine) is one of the most subtle launching 10 second S197's I have EVER seen. I am completely amazed at this car.

When I saw it launch, I was like "hmmm....probably go a low 11" It launched like my grandmothers Marauder. Then I saw the slip, 10.3@135 with a 1.4 sixty.....SERIOUSLY?

Terry, I hope you are enjoying our products. I am glad Brenspeed is able to make your car work so well, props to the Brenspeed gang!

11secLX

forum member
Reaction score
Wow! Tidy car. Terry, you guys did a great job executing your plan. Crazy shop when ya think about it...throw ya the keys to your car and provide ya with the dyno slips and the low 10 second drag slip (with back up run too) with the confidence to tell ya to drive home across a couple states. Cool.

-Steve

tigerhonaker

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
+1 I retired at 60 and I'm 66 today. The last couple years have been down hill physically and I am really glad I was able to retire at 60.

The way the world is going I don't know haw many of the younger generation will be able to do what we did Terry.

Earl
Earl,
I did not realize we both are 66.
And still doing as we wish.
Or I am I know and I think you are for the most part.
Reads like you have some physical problems over the last few yrs.
Thankfully I am still doing A-OK.

Not many of the younger generation following us I don't think will enjoy what we are at this age.
Things are just not in their favor I don't think.
I (Suggest) to those younger than us to do what they wish {Right-Now}, don't wait.

Awesome!

I got to witness the tigermachine race all weekend.

It was great meeting you Terry, I wish we could have spoke a little more, but I was working my tail off!

This car (tigermachine) is one of the most subtle launching 10 second S197's I have EVER seen. I am completely amazed at this car.

When I saw it launch, I was like "hmmm....probably go a low 11" It launched like my grandmothers Marauder. Then I saw the slip, 10.3@135 with a 1.4 sixty.....SERIOUSLY?

Terry, I hope you are enjoying our products. I am glad Brenspeed is able to make your car work so well, props to the Brenspeed gang!
Kelly.
I know we did not get to chat much as we were both doing our thing.
But it was certainly nice to meet you in person.
Met a lot of people at the event.
That was most excellent !!!

TerryImagewithLogo4.jpg

Wow! Tidy car. Terry, you guys did a great job executing your plan. Crazy shop when ya think about it...throw ya the keys to your car and provide ya with the dyno slips and the low 10 second drag slip (with back up run too) with the confidence to tell ya to drive home across a couple states. Cool.

-Steve
Hi Steve,
They did OK with the New Changes and the end result in performance.
They drove it to the NMRA in Bowling Green, KY. from Pierceton, IN.
Then I drove it on Home from there to Franklin, TN.
And I have been out in it running around some each day.

tigerhonaker

Last edited:

tigerhonaker

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Found this on the tigermachine with hood open at the 2011 NMRA World Finals

Hi,

Here is a very cool picture framed that was waiting for me on the tigermachine.

Can't say for sure whom I owe the Thanks.

But a guess would be this Fellow
BrentsNewHighTechChair5-1-2-1-1.jpg

I just removed the picture and Scanned it and thought I would share it.

NMRA2011WorldFinalstigermachinepicture.jpg

tigerhonaker

tigerhonaker

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Very cool picture!

Wish I could have been there! Maybe next year I will have a chance to run my!
That would be Killer to watch your's go down the 1/4 for sure.

I went by a Custom Upholstery shop here where I live this morning and dropped off my front floor mats.
They are cutting them where the roll cage comes down in the front inside wheel wells.
They will stitch them up like they came that away and then they will lie flat on the floors up front.
Their also making carpet to put around the bottoms of the lower roll cage in front.
That will match the carpet and floor mats.
It will be right where to Bolt goes that lets the Swing-Outs pivot.
Should look pretty darn good I think.
I'll take a few Pics. of the finished product once I get the call to go back and pick them up.

tigerhonaker

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back