2014 GT "Track key"

johnnyv8

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
That's cool. I wonder what the cost will be and if it will work with modded 14 GT's.

5LitersofLoud

Reaction score
No weasel words about track only and strong support of the warranty. They must have been hacked.:)

Blame Tapatalk

Steve@Tasca

Official Vendor
Reaction score
Just shot an email to my favorite contact at Ford Racing, I'll let you guys know what I find out.

If it's a real FRPP kit we'll blow everyone out of the water on price :)

-Steve

Zodiac

forum member
Reaction score
From what I've been reading it should work with all 2013 and 2014 Mustangs with the manual transmission for what it's worth.

cbass

m̶o̶u̶t̶h̶s̶e̶x̶
Reaction score
Just shot an email to my favorite contact at Ford Racing, I'll let you guys know what I find out.

If it's a real FRPP kit we'll blow everyone out of the water on price :)

-Steve
If it's a real kit that works with 2013's, I might have to shut up and give you my money.
I've been thinking about a tune, but I had such a hassle with my VW, that I want to keep my warranty for as long as possible with this car.

Zodiac

forum member
Reaction score
Further reading has resulted saying it's possible for all 2011+ GT's with manual transmission.

Redline727

"I wanna go fast!"
Reaction score
I wanna know whats different about my car that's a 13 that was built 12/12 and a 14 built 7 months later on 07/13 that makes the latter available for the track key?

site says:
Fits 2014 Mustang GT Manual Transmission Cars Produced After 7/1/2013 Only

Track Key is a 50 state emission legal aftermarket engine performance software upgrade for the 2014 Mustang GT. It is not compatible with any other model year vehicle.

Last edited:

arabbit

12 inch member
Reaction score
Well that's a load of shit! That's one of the reasons I bought a Boss...nice way for Ford to make the Boss seem less special.

VTXFrank

Obama SUCKS!
Reaction score
Well that's a load of shit! That's one of the reasons I bought a Boss...nice way for Ford to make the Boss seem less special.

I'd have to agree with you there. I have always wondered what the prices of prime example Boss 302's would be and then also thought, if they don't have the track key and the stuff that comes with it, how much lower will the value be?

ford20

forum member
Reaction score
That's cool. I wonder what the cost will be and if it will work with modded 14 GT's.
Judging by the Boss's version I would have to say it will only work with stock GT's and maybe Long Tubes with catted mid-pipes.
Further reading has resulted saying it's possible for all 2011+ GT's with manual transmission.
Where did you see that? From what i have seen Ford Racing shows a specific cutoff date unless the vendor had their information wrong.
I'd have to agree with you there. I have always wondered what the prices of prime example Boss 302's would be and then also thought, if they don't have the track key and the stuff that comes with it, how much lower will the value be?

I guess I will have to find out the hard way lol. Mine is 1 of 13 MP Laguna Secas Ford made and only 1 of 9 that got out of Ford alive so I have no real documentation to go with my car other then the Intake Manifold. Plus I'm not spending somewhere around $400-500 on something that isn't going to give me any added power. I would rather just get a tune then hope that my dealer will still honor my warrant.

Kenaizer

forum member
Reaction score

Guys like me are working diligently to ensure the future resale value stays as high as it can for all OTHER owners...

swedensky

forum member
Reaction score
Well for those that didn't see my post on SVTP there is a little bit difference between the ecu and radio formats between 2013 and 2014. I don't know which parts make the difference though. Also on SVTP (I know you hate the site) someone said ford rep said there will be an availability for 13-14 not 11-12 though.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back