Take my money now.

1463962_10153539827665048_1362090371_n_zps11b28c9b.jpg

zquez

Death Dealer
Reaction score
Take my money now.

1463962_10153539827665048_1362090371_n_zps11b28c9b.jpg

Ditto.

Ironically, I was thinking earlier that the shape of the fenders and quarter panel on the 2015 lends itself well to widebody flares. I wouldn't be surprised if the SVT model had wider flares a la' Z06.

balls8302

Reaction score
the gt front end is sooo much better than the base model pics that were all over the net earlier today. i was worried it wouldn't do it for me, but yep, it did it. cant wait to see one in person, and that might be the day my 06 could meet its replacement.

Jinx

Photography Blogger
Reaction score
Ive read it was gonna be let out of the bag at 1300 CST

An article from USA Today from 2 hours ago said,

-Potential new buyers will see a design similar to the outgoing Mustang, but with significant differences in dimensions. The rear wheels are pushed out about 1.6 inches to be flush with the sheetmetal, which is about 2.8 inches wider than the 2014.

Taking advantage of the 2015's new chassis, designers were able to lower the roof 1.5 inches, the hood 1.3 inches and the dashboard about 2.8 inches.

-The original idea was to evolve the current chassis. But once Ford decided that the new car would have independent rear suspension (IRS) — a first for mainstream Mustang models. "We started having some trouble with the steering and proportion of the vehicle," Nair says. "We decided fairly late in development to widen the vehicle."

-• Base: 3.7-liter V-6, about 300 horsepower.

• Optional: 2.3-liter turbocharged EcoBoost four-cylinder. Ford says it'll have at least 305 hp and significantly more torque than the V-6.

• Top-end: 5-liter V-8, rated "more than 420 hp," he says.

• Front roof pillars are realigned, and nearly 1.3 inch thinner. Combined with a new location for the outside mirror, the 2015 has better front visibility.

• Passenger's airbag is in the glove box door, smoothing the look of the dashboard by eliminating the seam for a separate panel. Ford assumes — this remains to be verified in real life — that people won't drive around with the glove box open, which would interfere with bag operation.

• Tires, which now sit flush with the outside edge of the sheetmetal, have "rub" ribs to minimize the chance you'll get curb rash on the expensive alloy wheels most models will have.

• The middle roof pillar is hidden behind the door glass to avoid interrupting the silhouette.

• The convertible, coming at nearly the same time as the coupe, will have the fastest top in the business — up or down in seven seconds. And it'll operate up to 5 mph.

• Front seats — none too soon, some might argue — have "memory recline," so they return to your preferred setting after tipping them forward to let passengers into or out of the back seat.

• New colors to address owner requests, including Triple Yellow (literally painted three times, instead of one or two, to eliminate the "dirty" look of gray primer that yellow has trouble hiding).

Last edited:

Riptide

Will work for Mustang.
Reaction score
No, I never got the chance to take it out there with work. Had some fun with it on the street though. Initially I had plans for a built motor/trans this winter, but I just don't have the time for it now. Plans now are to pull the procharger off and sell for an '11+ 5.0.
My KB car ran a 12.5@112 out there. I'm thinking yours probably would've done a little better. Crazy I never seemed to run into you - Billings isn't a very big place. lol

Sold mine last August and have a 2014 now.

Jinx

Photography Blogger
Reaction score
The more than 420 hp part is what I like explained a little more. Finger crossed for Boss-like head revisions as standard and maybe some DI.

Jinx

Photography Blogger
Reaction score
A massaged version of the 5.0-liter V8 tops the range in the GT model, now boasting new cams with 1mm more intake lift and 2mm more lift on the exhaust side, new heads with slightly larger valves and a revised intake manifold with tumble control valves. It also receives the connecting rods and valve springs from the current Boss 302 engine. The sum total of these changes brings its output to...well, Ford's only saying that it will eclipse the 420 hp and 390 lb-ft of the current V8. We expect it will pick up 20 hp and 10 lb-ft of torque.

ummduh

forum member
Reaction score
You guys see that jungle gym of links in the IRS?

I'm having a difficult time following what goes where and how and why. lol.

Attachments

• mustang irs.JPG
    mustang irs.JPG
    80.9 KB · Views: 48

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back