2016 gt350

LS1EATINPONY

The Banker
Reaction score
Heck the Nissan in 3rd was faster than the 158 car. If it wasn't for his good blocking and a spur of luck on the last two laps he would have gotten passed

Strengthrehab

forum member
Reaction score
Anyone know if there are 350R-C's in Pirelli World Challenge GTS class? Diana and I will be watching that class on Friday and Sat.

Department Of Boost

Alpha Geek
Reaction score
I believe they have already made them add 50lbs of weight. They will probably have to add more as it looks like the 350's are going to dominate this series.

Stupid fucking rules.

The class should have one size air restrictor for all cars (maybe different for turbo vs NA), have the same minimum weight requirements, same size fuel cells and run on the same tires.

If your shit can't compete, build a better street car.

Pentalab

forum member
Reaction score
Stupid fucking rules.

The class should have one size air restrictor for all cars (maybe different for turbo vs NA), have the same minimum weight requirements, same size fuel cells and run on the same tires.

If your shit can't compete, build a better street car.

I thought you were talking about Nascar there for a second.

Department Of Boost

Alpha Geek
Reaction score
I thought you were talking about Nascar there for a second.

Just about every race series, car and motorcycle have the same basic three rules.

The same minimum weight requirements

The same size fuel cells

The same tires.

In this day and age there really is no conceivable way of doing it differently.

I suggested the same size air restrictor because I know there will never let the motors run un-restricted. The sanctioning body doesn't want thing that fair.

SD07GT

forum member
Reaction score
Unless the person is doing a lot of track days with it don't be. As a street car I'm not impressed.

Go take a test drive in the new 2016 Camaro SS with the magna ride suspension. It's EYE OPENING ! for a street car. When they come out with a 1le package it will hang with the 350 R no problem for a lot less !

They had a demo car here in Arizona, did not believe it could be that much better than the Mustang GT with the PP pack . I WAS WRONG.... The power and the torque is awesome and the suspension is on par with a ZL1 but even better. No wheel hop and they have the cradle locked down good with no movement .

Fords going to have to do a lot of work with there IRS to hang with the Camaro. O that's right Steeda and BMR to the rescue with all the bolt on crap (lol).

I give up on Ford!

Boaisy

Dark Knight
Reaction score
Anyone know if there are 350R-C's in Pirelli World Challenge GTS class? Diana and I will be watching that class on Friday and Sat.

No Pirelli yet. Roush is still running the Boss 302s in that series.

Go take a test drive in the new 2016 Camaro SS with the magna ride suspension. It's EYE OPENING ! for a street car. When they come out with a 1le package it will hang with the 350 R no problem for a lot less !

They had a demo car here in Arizona, did not believe it could be that much better than the Mustang GT with the PP pack . I WAS WRONG.... The power and the torque is awesome and the suspension is on par with a ZL1 but even better. No wheel hop and they have the cradle locked down good with no movement .

Fords going to have to do a lot of work with there IRS to hang with the Camaro. O that's right Steeda and BMR to the rescue with all the bolt on crap (lol).

I give up on Ford!

:thud:

weather man

Persistance Is A Bitch
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I sold Camaro and couldn't get over how awful the inside was compared to a mustang to buy one.

Boaisy

Dark Knight
Reaction score
Not to mention, the GT350's have Magna-ride, and the GT350R is pretty damn light. Chevy would need another Z/28 to match it.

Department Of Boost

Alpha Geek
Reaction score
What was the street impression like man?

Slow and no torque. Handling that you couldn't use 25% of. Brakes you couldn't use 10% of. I don't even think they look THAT good.

I've been driving around our 15 GT PP with Recaro's a lot lately. Big wheels and tires, PD blower making 600 at the tires, springs and some cosmetic mods. It drives just like Ford made it that way. Perfect DD. And IMO a LOT more fun to drive on the street.

I'll take a blown GT over the GT350 for a street car every time. Or wait for the GT500.

If I was going to do 5-10 track days a year and I was fast (can use the performance), which I am.:thumb: I would definitely want the GT350. I was at the track yesterday. Having a GT350 would have been FANTASTIC!!!

Don't get me wrong, the GT350 is a masterpiece. Just not a masterpiece targeted as a DD/street car. Which is what 99% of GT350 buyers will be doing with their cars. It's not a bad street car. There are just cars better suited to it for the same if not less money.

I'm nit picking. Yes, I would drive a GT350 every day. I just wouldn't spend my money to do it.

Grabber5.sl0w

forum member
Reaction score
attachment.php

Posted at mustang6g.com.

Looks like the 350R will come in at 3650lbs.

"According to media sources, Ford has just announced that the new GT350R Mustang has a curb weight of 3,650 pounds with a full tank of gas and full reservoir of coolant, during an event held at Grattan Raceway in Michigan.

The details were provided whilst Ford invited the media attendees to ride along in the GT350Rs as their drivers did hot laps around the track.
Ford has previously noted that the GT350R Mustang is more than 130-pounds lighter than the standard GT350 equipped with the track pack. So we know that the track pack GT350 Mustang will weigh at least 3,780 pounds."

http://www.mustang6g.com/?p=7078

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back