2018 Carlisle Ford Nationals

06JET

forum member
Reaction score
As usual, a lot of great looking Mustangs to look at. Lots of ideas for upgrades. The new SuperSnake was on display. 2 colors. The Ford GT wast very nice as well.007.JPG

002.JPG 003.JPG

travelers

Reaction score
Was up there today and the weather turned out good. Spoke with the VMP people and the Tremec guys. I just got home after stopping for dinner.

Gabe

Whippled Coyote
Reaction score
Next time I'm in Vegas I really wanna go back to Shelby American and let them know what I think of them calling that modified GT a "Super Snake".

ghunt81

New parts on old junk!
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I wanted to go up to Carlisle (went up last year for the first time ever) but it just wasn't in the cards this year...

tjm73

of Omicron Persei 8
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
What would you say the 2005 and newer cars to 2004 and older car ratio was this year? Last year I estimate it at least 50-60% 2005 and newer cars.

fast Ed

forum member
Reaction score
That's why I'm not likely to head back to this show anytime soon ... it used to be a great all-Ford show with a huge variety of Fords, Mercs, Lincolns and Edsels of all years. When I went 2 years ago after an 8 year absence I couldn't believe how the showfield was filled with mostly S197 and S550 cars. Don't get me wrong, I love those cars, but if I wanted to see that many of them I would go to a Mustang show specifically.

travelers

Reaction score
What would you say the 2005 and newer cars to 2004 and older car ratio was this year? Last year I estimate it at least 50-60% 2005 and newer cars.

I would say about 65% 2005 and up. It didn't look like as many came probable because of the weather forecast for Saturday.

The last couple years seem to be more a mustang show compared to previous years. And yes the older cars are like older owners, maybe cutting back on shows and not here anymore.

tjm73

of Omicron Persei 8
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I didn't make it this year, but I go mostly for the swap meet stuff.

I get bored more easily at car shows the past few years.

It's like Mustang, Mustang, Mustang, Mustang, Mustang, Mustang, Camaro, Camaro, Camaro, Camaro, Camaro, Camaro, Camaro, Chevelle, Camaro, Torino, Tri-5, Camaro, El Camino, Galaxie, Mustang, yawnnnn. Three or four cars of interest to me.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back