Kellogg 8 bolt forged stroker crank
Manley rods
Manley 9.0:1 custom JDM pistons
JDM ring pack
OEM main bearings
OEM rod bearings
ARP main studs
GT500 oil pump

it's a prebalanced unit - just get your block disassembled, hot tanked, and torque plate honed and this will drop right in

$2995.00 + shipping

don_w

Dyno Numbers - Who Cares?
Reaction score
302 Built S197 block Livernois Heads BBR Stage ii Cams built by Larry H

Can print the specs if you wish

Having some instal teething problems too....
I swear I have read where Larry H claims his strokers never have engine noise. What does he say about yours?

Chris06GT

Dragging LS Ass..
Reaction score
So, what would be a better stroker 298 or 302? I am wanting to do a n/a build....5 speed car...curious about this??

Thanks,
Chris

ryanralston07

forum member
Reaction score
So, what would be a better stroker 298 or 302? I am wanting to do a n/a build....5 speed car...curious about this??

Thanks,
Chris

ALERT ALERT! THREAD HIJACKER IS DETECTED! haha jk :) 302s make for great N/A platforms, but for FI some have had issues with tuning...

Chris06GT

Dragging LS Ass..
Reaction score
I got ya, I plan on staying n/a, and building my stock motor for a FI setup...

BTW, didn't mean to hijack the thread....

Chris

95PGTech

SN95s > all
Reaction score

Thanks,
Chris

302 uses 3.800 stroke, which:

1. pulls the rod ratio too far out and can cause serious harmonics/crank/loss of rpm issues
2. requires machining of lower cylinder walls (notching) to clear rods = $$$

Chris06GT

Dragging LS Ass..
Reaction score
So a 324" is out of the question?? LOL, just kidding.....I was thinking more towards the 298, due to the fact it will see a lot of street driving...I love to drive my car...they are meant to be driven, plus occasional street races (every Friday)....Here is what I ahve in mind, comments welcome to whether or not a good idea....

298" stroker shortblock-cast block, balanced etc. etc....
Stage 2 ported heads- whatever brand is good and convenient on price
Comp Stage 3's with springs and phasers

of course the goodies inside, oil pump, windage tray, arp, etc...

Is this a good start for a longblock??

Chris

ryanralston07

forum member
Reaction score
Why don't you just get FI after the 298 and then see if you want more power? MPG will be better and you'll have plenty of power...plus if you go to a show it's some show under the hood that always draws attention and you can't beat that sound of any type of FI ;)

Chris06GT

Dragging LS Ass..
Reaction score
That is very true, but if a stay n/a, and make good power, with balls to the wall driving, that is the show I want...Then I raise the hood, poeple are like "WTF!?"....lol...Sorry, had to say that, I would like to go FI, but, I also want to see how fast I can go n/a, 5 speed....I plan on building my stock for a TT setup later on....

Chris

ryanralston07

forum member
Reaction score
Lol ok, but MUUUUCH more $ has to be spent to equal what can be done with a forged stroker block (298) with a good FI such as the TT like you say and make sure you get the heads that are ported just right for your power goals and type of FI. For instance at Mustang Week 07 I talked to a tuner there that was tuning a guy's car with a magnuson charger and the guy had CNC ported heads and the flow didn't match and tuning the car was a NIGHTMARE for them and the car never did run right because the customer purchased the wrong heads and with the power he was making no matter the tune he ended up awhile later blowing his motor, changing FI to a whipple, and keeping stock heads with forged internals. (I saw him this year there at Mustang Week in Myrtle Beach)

TGJ

forum member
Reaction score

Thanks,
Chris

IMO, a stroker either size in your case would be going backwards. I would recommend a 304 CI Big-Bore and if I stay N/A is the route I am going. I have commented on this before in detail, but Strokers in N/A trim haven't really shown big numbers over a similar stock displaced engine. I would never consider a stroker, but if you really want one, the 298.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back