325/50-15 On Lowered Suspension (H&R)

waketek516

Pedal to the Metal!
Reaction score
Hey Guys,

I searched all the threads involving the 325/50-15 MT tire on a 15x10 rim. I just relocated my swaybar, and cut off the bumpstop bracket last night. I Mounted the rear tires, and dropped the car back down to see what clearance I have. My car is on H&R Supersports (VERY LOW), and I'm wondering what you guys think about the fender-tire clearance:

8794c587.jpg

I want to take the car to a street legal drag day on Saturday, and I'm wondering when the car squats will it rub. I have a set of CJ springs I can put in if I need to, but it would be nice to throw these on and go if I can since its just for a few hours of racing.

stkjock

---- Madmin ----
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Hard to tell form that pic Tom. If the car squats hard, IMO, you'll get a bit of rubbing on the edge of the wheel well. Nothing too bad though.

waketek516

Pedal to the Metal!
Reaction score
Yeah I may slap my camera on the outside pointing at the wheels, and do a few practice launches on the street just to see how much its moving.

Unfortunately it'll have to wait till tomorrow....As I was cutting the bracket off the car last night, a piece of metal must have flew off and sliced my right rear brake line! :( Luckily I felt something drip on me when putting the shocks back on, or I never would have seen it. I was SOOOOO pissed, and the only place that can get me a replacement line in time for Saturday is the dealership - who raped me on it ($65)! grrrr

21511b41.jpg

59f7c3a3.jpg

186ae71f.jpg

waketek516

Pedal to the Metal!
Reaction score
Well, After fixing my brake line, and dropping the car back on the ground and rolling it in and out of the driveway, I decided that the clearance between the fender & tire was too close for comfort.

I pulled the rear H&Rs out, and tossed in my CJ springs. The CJs and the H&Rs gave the car a MEAN looking rake too. haha

IMG_6062.jpg

IMG_6064.jpg

IMG_6073.jpg

IMG_6076.jpg

waketek516

Pedal to the Metal!
Reaction score
Looks good, hows the hook?

Good so far.... I was testing a new setup with my long tubes, and these taller tiers. I haven't had the car tuned properly for the headers yet, so I know its running a bit rich. Also, I really bought these 325s for my upcoming supercharger so its a little too much tire right now being NA. Track prep was marginal which hurt a little, and the best I could run was a 13.1@104. 60' times were in the 1.7s, but I have to tweak my 2-step to get that down a little. It was so crowded there (public open track day), that it was hard to really dial everything in properly. I was also running "full weight" with my spare, amps, and a sub in the car. haha

The car has gone 12.7 with a 1.69 60' on my old 26" tires. It'll just take some tweaking with the new setup, and I should be mid 12s NA, and I'm hoping mid-high 11s with the blower.

Oh well... a bad day at the track is better than a good day at work :clap:

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back