5r55s back and better than ever

GT4Dino

Whimple Whomper
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I got the tranny back after it crapping out @ Fontana's private track day. Tony from Larry's Transmission in Corona, CA completely went through the 5r55 since he was going to have it apart. It now has his hardened input shaft, some new bands as well as some other customized upgrades that Tony has developed. I took the car to the track last night - http://s197forum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=5133 - and the results were a new best 60' (1.45) and 1\8th 6.59

I don't want to lose the 5r55, and @ 620rwhp, I thought I might have to. Tony however understood my need to make this a reality, and not have to dish 6k out to whats out there. I believe he has the 5r55 at the very least as stout as Level 10 or TCI's offering at 1\2 the cost.

Anyone who isn't one to "buy the hype", I respect that choice and would advise you to just follow how it holds up as the vids of track passes accumulate.

Last edited by a moderator:

05mustang_TT_charged

Because Race Car!!
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
That is bad ass and so is the video, congrats on the new times and the reaction time. you treed the hell out of him on that last race on the video

psfracer

billy badass
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Yep, I am not going to change from the stock 5 speed auto transmission either. Tony can build one that will survive. Mine has so far also, but I only put down 577.

GT4Dino

Whimple Whomper
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Yep, I am not going to change from the stock 5 speed auto transmission either. Tony can build one that will survive. Mine has so far also, but I only put down 577.

A few more parts become a weak link right around 600, so be prepared before you go to 18psi.

Last edited:

SC boss

watch this!
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
yep, I have already talked with him. I should be home around 2 weeks and mine is getting crated up and shipped his way.

Charlie Sheen

Armed and Hammered
S197 Team Member
Reaction score

Ken3030

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Congrats Dean. Nice pass!! That Tony is a Wizard or is that Lizard? lol We know he is the best!!

Hawgman

THE fucking bad guy
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Very cool feedback Dean. I have been seriously contemplating an auto to manual swap and the only way I would do it would be to swap to a 5R55. Unfortunately I spent too much time investigating some questions I had and missed out on a really good deal I had my eye on. So looks like I will be watching out for deals on a stock 5R55 to buy and send out to Tony.

jsawyer

uh oh
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Nice Dean!
I am going auto, I am putting the same one Adam has in his black car in mine. I wish I had bought the auto to start with. I used to think you auto guys were a bunch of pussies, now I only think that about Don:leghump:

Darth Stang

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Nice Dean!
I am going auto, I am putting the same one Adam has in his black car in mine. I wish I had bought the auto to start with. I used to think you auto guys were a bunch of pussies, now I only think that about Don:leghump:

:funnypost:

don_w

Dyno Numbers - Who Cares?
Reaction score
Nice Dean!
Leave my ankle alone...

oman_cobra

Lethal Mustang
Reaction score
simply badass!!
if you have any other vids please do post 'em

sevenleaf

forum member
Reaction score
My transmission is being dropped off Friday should be installed friday afternoon. Just waiting on a tune from Adam so I can drive it. Glad you like Tony's work he rebuilt my trans too.

GT4Dino

Whimple Whomper
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
My transmission is being dropped off Friday should be installed friday afternoon. Just waiting on a tune from Adam so I can drive it. Glad you like Tony's work he rebuilt my trans too.

Congrats, look forward to hearing more about your progress!

sevenleaf

forum member
Reaction score
So I gave my car a decent test drive, so far I'm loving it. It's going to take a bit to get used to the new 3000 stall torque converter though.

There is a night and day difference between tuning brenspeed does and ST motorsports so thats going to take a while to get used too. I'll give it 200 miles then I'll hit the track.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back