Accident...how much damage?

jsawyer

uh oh
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Well the car experienced a tree on Saturday. Any guess as to the damage, and any chance it is totaled? Front bumber cover, hood, and the obvious as well as somw screatches and the rear bumber cover is messed up as well.

Long story short is that I needed to borrow a friends truck and I left my car at his house. He drove the Mustang before, I asked if he would bring it over...he lost controll and hit a tree. I am not mad, it is just metal, I am wondering if anyone knows what the dollar amount is for a taoal loss. The car has 37k miles and is an 06.

Attachments

• accident.jpg
    accident.jpg
    513.4 KB · Views: 168

VistaBlueGT

forum member
Reaction score
i just totaled mine, and it was a 06 with 38k on it. they gave me 19k for mine, but i am sure i could have gotten more but i was just tired of dealing with the insurance company

as long as there is no frame damage to yours though it shouldnt be totaled

whoapony

forum member
Reaction score
wrecked2.jpg

I hit a pole and the damage was close to yours, it was 6,000 to fix.

jsawyer

uh oh
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Is your friend still alive?
Honestly I should not have let him drive it...with that kind of power you are bound to get on it...
wrecked2.jpg

I hit a pole and the damage was close to yours, it was 6,000 to fix.
we are twins!
Just curious as to how your friend broke the news to you.

he called my right after and I thought he was joking....I wish it was totaled, I am tring to sell it and it will be harder after an accident.

Steedman07

Classified's Moderator:)
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
It all depends on if the unibody got tweaked. The hood, fender, and bumper cover are a formality. Is the passenger door damaged or pushed to the back at all? You might have lucked out and have no damage behind the front bumper. But the passenger side unibody is your concern. Sorry to hear man, that really sucks. You are handling it much better than I would right now..

RedfireGT

forum member
Reaction score
i was spun out and put into a tree and it screwed my fenders, hood, bumper, radiator, and rear bumper up and it was 10,500 to fix

ScottsVaporGT

Reaction score
Mine was $3500 to fix with factory parts. Pics can be seen here: http://s197forum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=26302

While it doesn't look like much damage, I had to replace the same pieces that you will have to...fender, light, front bumper, grill, etc...I don't know if they will replace your hood or not it doesn't look that bad. They can fix the dents on the creases, well at least that is what they told me when they fixed it. Good luck to you and sorry to hear about your car.

Last edited:

jsawyer

uh oh
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
It all depends on if the unibody got tweaked. The hood, fender, and bumper cover are a formality. Is the passenger door damaged or pushed to the back at all? You might have lucked out and have no damage behind the front bumper. But the passenger side unibody is your concern. Sorry to hear man, that really sucks. You are handling it much better than I would right now..

is there a way to see if the unibody is tweaked, or is that just for the shop to decide?

The car was hit slightly in the rear before...it is no virgin.

Sinergyms

Sinergy Motorsports Inc.
Reaction score
If you want, shoot me some more pics (open hood, close up door, etc) and I can give you an idea of what you'd be looking at.

I do this for a living so it is no sweat.

Mark

[email protected]

Sinergyms

Sinergy Motorsports Inc.
Reaction score
BTW, just noticed in your sig that Adam built your car. Good job. He is a great dude and knows his $h!t.

whoapony

forum member
Reaction score
Jsawyer, I had them put the gt500 front on mine. Out of pocket cost so far has been about 400 bucks, most of that was one headlight!

JeremyH

3V Fuel Guru
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Looks to be about 6-10K, doesnt look totaled, but of course its hard to tell in a pic.

Marc s

NASA AIX
Reaction score
IF it's only body damage I would say around 4k. If the unibody is tweaked and it has suspension damage, 6-10k.

What part of Washington do you live in?

Wicked One

forum member
Reaction score
That sucks.

A little off topic, but that is why I am reluctant to do the wire tuck with the pcm in the fender there.

Hope all works out for you.

Germeezy3

forum member
Reaction score
This is why I don't like driving powerful cars owned by others by myself. If they were with me than they would see the old lady I swerved to miss rather than assuming I did it screwing around.

That sucks though, what a beautiful car I have eyeballed your car for some time. Amazing build if I don't say so myself.

S197 GT

PINK Casting Director
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
76k? :beerchug2:

Glad to see you in such good spirits! This blows!

Last edited:

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back