Aluminum 2-piece driveshaft?

killrb

forum member
Reaction score
Anyone know who makes the 2-piece aluminum driveshafts for the S197 cars? I have tried a couple 1-piece shafts and my automatic GT does not like them at all. Always get a bad vibration. I remember someone advertising the 2-piece so you can still get a decent weight reduction from the factory steel shaft, but not have to deal with the vibs.

Anyone?

Brandon

LordBritish

forum member
Reaction score
I've yet to replace my stock driveshaft in my automatic GT for the same reason.

Too many people complaining about vibration.

It seems people with manuals seem to have less issues.

MexGT

forum member
Reaction score
If i could do it all over again, id buy a 1 piece steel DS, waaaay cheaper and just a couple lbs heavier than aluminum 1 piece. Notice I said a couple.

scramblr

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Don't bet that a steel DS will not have the same issues as an aluminum one. I've been through three DS', aluminum and steel and they just will not work on my car. So after a year of dealing with it, I have the stock DS back in there. I remember seeing a 2 piece aluminum DS at one time, but if I remember correctly it was pretty expensive.

me32

forum member
Reaction score
the 2010 GT500 has a 2 piece aluminum DS. i would think with the right adapter it would work on the GT auto

killrb

forum member
Reaction score
Me32, that is a good idea and I will look into it.

But some manufacturer makes what I am talking about that is a direct drop in. Does anyone know where to get these?

Brandon

shanshine

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
What brands of driveshafts are you guys having trouble with???

JPC now owns Spydershaft and we offer a 1 year warranty on every shaft. We have sold quite a few and no vibration issues. I will say that there was a point a while ago that there was a vibration issue but that has since been rectified.

Error404

photographer
Reaction score
What brands of driveshafts are you guys having trouble with???

JPC now owns Spydershaft and we offer a 1 year warranty on every shaft. We have sold quite a few and no vibration issues. I will say that there was a point a while ago that there was a vibration issue but that has since been rectified.

people with problems will come out and say they have problems quick and loud, because they are not happy and want to complain. But people who have had no problems will not usually say anything because they are content. So, you hear more about the problems than not. That said, I've not had any problems with my spydershaft, speedo pegged with 4.10's

05stroker

Never enough power guy!
Reaction score
people with problems will come out and say they have problems quick and loud, because they are not happy and want to complain. But people who have had no problems will not usually say anything because they are content. So, you hear more about the problems than not. That said, I've not had any problems with my spydershaft, speedo pegged with 4.10's
I had a Coast 1 pc with 0 issues .

2k05gt

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
No Issues with my 5R55S and Spydershaft 1 pc. again 4.10s and top speed 142 mph (ran out of road )

OP is your car lowered?
if so go you have an adjustable Upper control arm, you may need to adjust the pinion angle

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back