Awaiting my new drawing...

waylander

forum member
Reaction score
well a little while back I backed a kick-starter campaign for anodized aluminium pictures of your car, it's taken a little while longer than anticipated for it to come together (trials of a start-up!) but the results are (IMO) stunning and well worth it!

There are a few amendments to make to the draft (minor detail changes unique to my car and/or not enough detail on my original pics) but I couldn't be happier with the way it's shaping up - I've been asked not to put the 'full frontal' in the public domain (for obvious reasons) but he gave me the below pic that he's ok with me showing off...

what do you all think?

Wicked GT

OCD with ADD...
Reaction score
That is pretty sweet! Any idea what it would run for regular folks now that they are up and running?

Shaggy

Head PooBaa of the Asylum
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
That is cool. What's the name of the company?

weather man

Persistance Is A Bitch
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I could find room in my man shed for that!

irishpwr46

Official Site Vandal
Reaction score
considering the current exchange rate, now is a good time to order as well

TRC51

forum member
Reaction score
I think I would seriously be interested in this.

What defines the difference between a "catalog" print and new commission? I would assume that now they have your mustang as a "base" and any other S197 submission would be a "catalog" submission with Artwork Detail 2 or 3? Would the corrected body panels (hood and trunk) and wheels be part of the base package, or is that part of a "Detail"?

Thanks.

psfracer

billy badass
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
$100 is nothing when you consider the time/materials it must take to do one of those. Especially if you are in it to make a profit.

TRC51

forum member
Reaction score
$100 is nothing when you consider the time/materials it must take to do one of those. Especially if you are in it to make a profit.

Sssshhhhhhhhhh..... i agree.... but shhhhhhhh.

LOL

waylander

forum member
Reaction score
like I said chaps - this is nothing to do with me so I really know the square-root of fuck all about pricing or anything. What I can tell you is that in the pic you see above he has put on the GT500 hood, FR500 rims, Roush rear spoiler, A47 mirrors and my # plate - obviously all deviations from standard. One would imagine that getting a straight forward library picture would be relatively simple. Fella doing it seems to be very happy to answer any and all queries and is helpful

weather man

Persistance Is A Bitch
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
He has the trufiber A61 hood, agent 47 upper and lower grill and bullitt wheels on file now.

waylander

forum member
Reaction score
Well here it is... It turns out that there was no need to be nervous and the results have, in my opinion, been very well worth-while, and the art every-bit as good as the PDF doc I was sent as a final proof-read.

Arrival:

Unpacking - 1, well inside the box is another nice quality box... this is like Christmas:

Unpacking - 2. Get the lid off and the etching has been nicely packaged to prevent any 'in transit mishaps':

Protection - 1, a poor pic and I will re-take later, but it does show the corners wel protected:

Protection - 2, the inside of the box... nice and snug:

Protection - 3, neat packaging:

Dimensions l:

Dimensions w:

Dimensions diagonal:

in addition it's about 2mm thick

Weight: 2.5 lbs

Long story short - buy one. They're great!

Irishman

Ricer
Reaction score
That looks great! The only thing that bugs me is the kerb weight, I'm picky but would want it to be curb. Other then that I love it.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back