Baffles Under the Car

rocknrod

Reaction score
Anyone know what these baffle looking items are under the car and what they are called? There are two sets, one set on each side of the car. Looking to replace the rubber at least. I have a digital copy of the service manual and have been looking all morning for them in there.
Baffles.jpg

JC SSP

Reaction score
Yeah, not sure what they are called, but the rubber rots out pretty quickly... I removed them when I did my welded subframe connectors. Not sure if they are wind deflectors or gas tank protectors?

GriffX

Reaction score
Fuel tank deflector section 310-01

It is probably air deflector and protector, the tank is deeper than the axle. The aerodynamics of the underbody could be optimized a lot.....

PS: probably BR33-9N226-

Last edited:

rocknrod

Reaction score
Fuel tank deflector section 310-01

It is probably air deflector and protector, the tank is deeper than the axle. The aerodynamics of the underbody could be optimized a lot.....
Thanks, Deflector did part of the trick. Now to find a part number cause that name doesn't google well.
-
Foriegn Mat Deflector.jpg

rocknrod

Reaction score
I can't seem to m\ ake the -C part appear in the Tasca search. How did you do that?
There is indeed one for each side, they are different. The one on the drivers side bends down to cover the fuel lines. I contacted Tasca via their website.
Baffles 2.jpg

Last edited:

ghunt81

New parts on old junk!
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Mine tore off/broke off a long time ago, hope they aren't too terribly important.

rocknrod

Reaction score
So the fuel tank shields came in, not the same. They're made of some poly material and the one for the pass side has a raised area shaped like the drivers side for no good reason as there are no lines to shield there. I'm away from home for 2 months (wife sent the pics).
IMG_2635.jpgIMG_2634.jpg

Last edited:

GriffX

Reaction score
I have a 07 and my underbody looks a bit different than yours, also this shields are different. I guess the new full plastic version covers all versions up to 2014. And they are cheaper for Ford to make.
The new 2024 has some interesting flaps behind the front wheels at the same height (?) as this shields.

rocknrod

Reaction score
Ya Tasca Steve was telling me that these are the 4th mod Ford did for these baffles. So no others (older mods) are available.
I did try and find some 135 degree rubber channels online and only found plastic edge type guards (135 degree) at McMaster-Carr
But they maybe be too brittle, who knows. When I get home in a couple months I'll install them and take pics.

DieHarder

Reaction score
Functionally, they're the same though the steel/rubber might be tougher overall I'm sure this version will fit/work fine. It'll definitely look better.

rocknrod

Reaction score
Functionally, they're the same though the steel/rubber might be tougher overall I'm sure this version will fit/work fine. It'll definitely look better.
Ya I think so too. No uncoated bolts and threads hanging down in the breeze to get rusty either.

Laga

Reaction score
Those are gas tank protectors.
I have an 05. One of mine came loose during a HPDE track day, and I got black flagged. Took rubber part off by hand and made next session.
I have an aftermarket chin spoiler. Any road debris that might damage tank will be hit by spoiler first. I’m in no hurry to replace.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back