Borla, Corsa, FRPP wtf?

mynameismike65

forum member
Reaction score
FRPP=Brola=Steeda. Get some Macs. I love my macs + o/r prochamber. Deep and "mustang" like. Im not a huge fan of straight thru mufflers.

Grabber

Coyote Snob Member
Reaction score
Stingers sound different than FRPP Stingers.

The borla version is louder, and deeper. The FRPP version is a bit quieter, and has more drone. The Corsa's are just about the same as Roush.

I've owned Borla Stingers, Roush's, Mac, Mag, Bassani, SLP, etc.

SLP is by far the loudest I've owned with my O/R Prochamber. The Stingers are 2nd Loudest, and probably have the best tone.

There are always minor differences. People think the FRPP and Borla Stingers are the exact same, and don't understand why there is a 300+ dollar price difference. Qualilty, sound, and the name.

Hope this helps OP.

laz2447

forum member
Reaction score
I'm glad it isn't just me, because I can't find a sound I just "love" on my car either.

Like another person said refering to back in the day with some turbo mufflers, with my '93 Cobra it was simple...shorty headers, o/r h-pipe, flowmaster american thunder cat-back and it sounded perfect. I have had my '06 for almost a year and have yet to find a complete system or axle-back kit I like enough to even try it out.

SLP, FRPP, Borla, Steeda, Roush...the list is never ending.

Again, so glad it's not just me haha...

Last edited:

Grabber

Coyote Snob Member
Reaction score
I'm glad it isn't just me, because I can't find a sound I just "love" on my car either.

Like another person said, with my '93 Cobra it was simple...shorty headers, o/r h-pipe, flowmaster american thunder cat-back and it sounded perfect. I have had my '06 for almost a year and have yet to find a complete system or axle-back kit I like enough to even try it out.

Again, so glad it's not just me haha...

I hear ya. Haha

Aandf1978

M90 SUPPORTER!!
Reaction score
I have had both the FRPP Stingers and am currently running the Borla Stingers, I had them both on the same setup and they both sounded the same to me. Borla makes the stingers for steeda, roush, FRPP, and borla, the difference to me and others, is the name stamped on the cans and tips, where and who you can get them through and price.

UltraKla$$ic

PERENNIAL WAXXER
Reaction score
Stingers sound different than FRPP Stingers.

The borla version is louder, and deeper. The FRPP version is a bit quieter, and has more drone. The Corsa's are just about the same as Roush.

I've owned Borla Stingers, Roush's, Mac, Mag, Bassani, SLP, etc.

SLP is by far the loudest I've owned with my O/R Prochamber. The Stingers are 2nd Loudest, and probably have the best tone.

There are always minor differences. People think the FRPP and Borla Stingers are the exact same, and don't understand why there is a 300+ dollar price difference. Qualilty, sound, and the name.

Hope this helps OP.

This is precisely why I started this thread. I was under the impression that all the "Stinger" look alikes sounded the same????

Soooooooo what are you running now?

And to ALL that have replied, thank you. It's clear as mud now. lol!!!

Liftedbronco

Shredder
Reaction score
on the stingers note, my friend has the catback setup from borla and states that the axlebacks alone sound different/not as good. I know the mandrel bent pipes arent supposed to change the sound in theory...but they do.

Liftedbronco

Shredder
Reaction score
for what its worth i did GTA axlebacks. which i liked. then added an off road x. which made it absolutley awful and high pitched and poppy. then added the mid mufflers and it made it quite great. then added longtubes and a catted x and it was perfect.

unfortunatley i melted my cats so next time around its gonna be an off road H pipe with those bbr cutouts, more boost and a big cams. so when i do get to post an exhaust vid it should be pretty killer.

whats actually kind of ironic is I broke a rod redline revving my engine when it was cold cuz someone asked to hear my fabled exhaust. wont be doing that ever again.

Grabber

Coyote Snob Member
Reaction score
This is precisely why I started this thread. I was under the impression that all the "Stinger" look alikes sounded the same????

Soooooooo what are you running now?

And to ALL that have replied, thank you. It's clear as mud now. lol!!!

Well, I've had multiple stangs, and multiple exhaust setups.

My first stang, the 07 GT. I bought the Roush Axle-Backs, and then an O/R Prochamber. The roush's and any kind of stinger is a night and day difference at idle and @ wot.

Then, on my 03 Cobra, I went from Stock, to having a Bassani X, Mag C/B, to a Bassani X with a Mac C/B, then to a Prochamber and Mac C/B, then to a Prochamber and a Borla Stinger exhaust.

Now, on teh 04 Mach, I first just had the SLP LM1 Exhaust. I added an O/R Prochamber, which now sounds badass.

I daily drive all of my cars, and have been in probably a 100 cruises. The FRPP stingers are defiitely different at WOT, but sound similar @ idle. The Steed and Corsa sound similar, but again, are different.

Out of them All, the Borla Stingers are the loudest. Also, the price is not due to just the label, and the warranty.

The Borla stinger S-Type A/B is made out of T-304 Stainless Steel. While the FRPP is made just out of a lower grade 304 SS.

FRPP Stingers have 3.5 inch tips, while the Borla's have 4 Inch tips. The FRPP are just your normal Axle Back (even though they sound nothing like a Straight Through style, they technically are. I am basing this off of actually sound), while the Stingers are a Straight through muffler system, which is louder and more aggressive.

There is only about a 25-30 price difference. However, they are definitely not the same. Material is everything.

The Roush Axle Backs are made out of Aircraft grade SS as well.

If you want the more aggressive sound, get the Stingers. Better Qualilty, Complete Polished/Stainless Steel System, bigger tips, and the name to back you up.

Just my .02.

Aandf1978

M90 SUPPORTER!!
Reaction score
My FRPP & Borla had the same exact tips, they are 4" true but then both are rolled to 3.5". Just saying to me I noticed no difference. :thumb2:

Grabber

Coyote Snob Member
Reaction score
My FRPP & Borla had the same exact tips, they are 4" true but then both are rolled to 3.5". Just saying to me I noticed no difference. :thumb2:

It's maybe less than 1 /4 inch of difference. I had mac rolled tips, which were measure 3.5 inch, and my rolled 4 inch borla tips. Borla tips were noticeable larger.

Just saying is all. :thumb:

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back