Brake Pads. Which ones?

ArizonaGT

Road Course Member
Reaction score
One set of HP plus pads started to mar my Eradispeed rotors and the Hawk ceramics not only had no noticeable brake dust but other than a little bit less initial bite were better in every way. Granted it was on a lighter car than the Mustang but I never had any brake fade even from repeated 140 plus mph stops.

Try a few laps of HP+ 140mph heavy braking zones in a 3600lb car like a Mustang and you probably won't be around to post here anymore.

Germeezy3

forum member
Reaction score
Try a few laps of HP+ 140mph heavy braking zones in a 3600lb car like a Mustang and you probably won't be around to post here anymore.

I am not a big fan of the HP plus pads, and if they killed me I would probably like them even less! :thumb2:

Cone Sweeper

Track Whore
Reaction score
HP Plus is failure on a Mustang for road racing.. Step up to the DTC 60's are great or the carbotech ones - but i don't know the name of the common one used

FordFan

Reaction score
Digging it up a bit but the thread was started about combo pads, my experiance is the HP+ is a good combination pad to drive to and from the track. I'm on my 2nd set with the GT500 upgrade still using the same OEM rotors, zero issues after several track days with 130-140mph staights. The HP+ squeal on the street but I swap them out along with the rotors between track days. The DTC's and HT are great for competition use but on the street (cold) will screw up the rotor surface causing vibrations once out on the track even after heating them up (seen it done by others). If you use them make sure to have a trailer to get your car to and from the track.

I haven't used them myself but I know a few guys at the track that like the Ferodo DS2500 for combo pads-

Here is my source for pads
http://store.zeckhausen.com/catalog/index.php?cPath=82_529

http://www.youtube.com/embed/zVLbFXPF3Mg

Last edited:

RDK

forum member
Reaction score
i am direct with Hawk, if anyone is looking for pads

Ryan

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back