Brake pedal problem?

bigpappy33

11.17@126
Reaction score
Hey guys, I have noticed a problem with my car when I speed shift, I stab the clutch pretty hard when I shift fast, and I have had people tell me at the track that I hit my brakes when I shift.

I have found this hard to believe, well because I am not a retard, I know how to shift. So in my garage I backed it in and hit the clutch hard by itself a couple times, and wouldn't you know if behind me my brake lights were lighting up for a split second. Here is a video of it doing it, Is there anything I can adjust down there to get it to stop? It's not hurting my times (obviously) but it looks pretty dumb going down the track lol.

3vs197

forum member
Reaction score
you can probably just adjust your brake switch thats attached to the pedal.

fdjizm

Drag Queen
Reaction score
That is weird, I have seen a few vids of brakes lights coming on. maybe you're touchin just the tip? :)

19COBRA93

Ford Racing
Reaction score
Interesting. I've had people tell me I have hit the brakes when I shifted at the track before, and I found it hard to believe.

bigpappy33

11.17@126
Reaction score
you can probably just adjust your brake switch thats attached to the pedal.

Ill have to go look, does that switch adjust the pressure that the lights come on?

That is weird, I have seen a few vids of brakes lights coming on. maybe you're touchin just the tip? :)

haha I am definitely not. It still did it when I powershifted too, but after the garage test I know its just the pedal shaking from me hitting the clutch.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back