Brand new 2012 coming in for few mods and a big ass turbo

CPRsm

forum member
Reaction score
Thanx guys. The TT car is gone so back to work on this one.

Upper control arm mount in and made to keep the back seat.
uppercontrolarmmount.jpg

Big daddy mounted
fuelpumpmountedc.jpg

Finished sump
fuellcell2.jpg

Cell mocked into place
cellinplace.jpg

CPRsm

forum member
Reaction score
Thank you sir. IDK why I posted these in the other thread.

cfdriveshaft001.jpg

watertank.jpg

watertankoutlet.jpg

CPRsm

forum member
Reaction score
Yep. Pretty damn impressed with the inside. Don't feel like testing the waters and finding weak links after it's running. So we're going to stack more clutches and steel in there. But by the looks of it we would by fine to probably 1000 hp possibly a little more. Best part so far is the hard parts look VERY strong.

Mike K

WANNA BE FAST
Reaction score
The new autos are damn impressive. I would probably get one if I got a new stang but nothing beats rowing the gears.

Towelly

forum member
Reaction score
What is going to be your tuning solution? Looks like a awesome build.

CPRsm

forum member
Reaction score
Thanx Towelly. Right now it's just going to be SCT and see where it goes. As far as the computer will see, nothing inside is going to change. We're hoping any pulse width or duty cycle will stay pretty much the same as factory, or close to.

The new autos are damn impressive. I would probably get one if I got a new stang but nothing beats rowing the gears.
It is fun, but turbos and autos are like milk and cookies. I like cookies :thumb2:

That's a 6R80?
YUP. It was really nice taking it apart. Nice and clean. No leaks that make dirt stick to it lol.

Towelly

forum member
Reaction score
Thanx Towelly. Right now it's just going to be SCT and see where it goes. As far as the computer will see, nothing inside is going to change. We're hoping any pulse width or duty cycle will stay pretty much the same as factory, or close to.

How do you get the factory computer to control 16 injectors? Can the stock injector drivers handle that?

CPRsm

forum member
Reaction score
Oh sorry, thought you meant the tranny. The factory ECU will control the stock pump, injectors and mapping. Mega squirt is going to piggy back the secondary set with it's own fuel system. Should be able to tune it so the Ford ECU doesn't even know what's going on. Should be some trick stuff getting it to work with a closed loop car.

Your work is definitely clean, and it never hurts to upgrade the 6R80, especially with the power levels your looking to hit.
Thank you. We talked about seeing how far we could push it. But sure it would let go. Once it's together he doesn't want to have to fix it if possible. We all know how that goes. Upgrades are fun, repairs suck a fat one.

GrnBullitt08

Dale Jr
Reaction score
Oh sorry, thought you meant the tranny. The factory ECU will control the stock pump, injectors and mapping. Mega squirt is going to piggy back the secondary set with it's own fuel system. Should be able to tune it so the Ford ECU doesn't even know what's going on. Should be some trick stuff getting it to work with a closed loop car.

Thank you. We talked about seeing how far we could push it. But sure it would let go. Once it's together he doesn't want to have to fix it if possible. We all know how that goes. Upgrades are fun, repairs suck a fat one.

Exactly, and when you get into big power it's not if it's gonna break...it's when and what.

CPRsm

forum member
Reaction score
About done here. Tack together, some tabs and bracing, then mount the big ass water pump.
tanksintrunk.jpg

CPRsm

forum member
Reaction score
Thanx guys. Lots of parts showing up and some still coming. Hope for some real progress pics soon.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back