Busted lash adjuster and rocker arm.

TheKurgan

forum member
Reaction score
I meant it has never been a problem found with how that head lines up. On the 2 valve engines they had problem with the headgaskets leaking oil onto the top of the starter/back side of the head because of a high pressure oil port. The 3 valve engine design eliminated those leaks. Even though the head doesnt seat "perfectly" to your standards I personally havent heard of a problem with it. Also I can see them leaving somewhat of a cap there for RVT to be put at that spot (both sides) where 3 different mating surfaces meet to have a better seal. I would ask SD on his opinion of it, because he obviously has alot more knowledge about these engines than I.

Gotchya. Yeah I think all the jackbags that jump up SD's ass has got him being very selective about the info he gives out these days haha. It's not a show stopper for my build...was just curious if there was a batch of 07 heads that went out like that....preciate it.

kevinatfms

EX-ford tech(6 years)
Reaction score
i hate those 2 valves for that certain reason. i have had to pull the fucking bodies off navagators/expeditions due to that stupid leak.
if you take a photo of what you are talking about i may be able to help you figure out what offset you are talking about with the cylinder heads.

the oil control housing is not part of the cam cap, it is a seperate housing bolted to the front half of the cylinder head and as the other guy said once they clog up the screens they really wreck havoc on the oil pressure through the cylinder head and valvetrain.
ive tried cleaning them out but we always replace them. they have been updated a few times to try a remedy the situation but it seems the update parts only prolong the time it takes for it to clog back up.

TheKurgan

forum member
Reaction score
i hate those 2 valves for that certain reason. i have had to pull the fucking bodies off navagators/expeditions due to that stupid leak.
if you take a photo of what you are talking about i may be able to help you figure out what offset you are talking about with the cylinder heads.

the oil control housing is not part of the cam cap, it is a seperate housing bolted to the front half of the cylinder head and as the other guy said once they clog up the screens they really wreck havoc on the oil pressure through the cylinder head and valvetrain.
ive tried cleaning them out but we always replace them. they have been updated a few times to try a remedy the situation but it seems the update parts only prolong the time it takes for it to clog back up.

This is what I'm talking about. Look how the LH head does not line up very well, but the RH head looks fine in the same spot...

Last edited:

Chap

Reaction score
Parts on Order

I'm the guy with the 2005 Mustang GT in Germany: the car is high mileage so the plan is to replace everything involved in a timing chain replacement. The only thing I'm debatin is whether or not to change out the Driver's side VCT modulator....but I probably will. seems like good insurance.

Back