can I hook up BAP now prior to blower install?

StangEd

forum member
Reaction score
Been doing misc things to get ready for the blower install and would like to get the boost a pump all hooked up ahead of time. Can I do it and just turn the control down?

one eyed willy

Pizzle fo shizzle
Reaction score
Yes, dial doesn't matter.....the ecu will still control the voltage, it only uses what it needs. Purpose of the BAP is to have the extra voltage when it's needed. It still goes thru the fuel modules so it's not sending 17 volts all the time to the pumps. I didn't have a dial when I was using one, just shorted the 2 wires together.

JeremyH

3V Fuel Guru
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Yes, dial doesn't matter.....the ecu will still control the voltage, it only uses what it needs. Purpose of the BAP is to have the extra voltage when it's needed. It still goes thru the fuel modules so it's not sending 17 volts all the time to the pumps. I didn't have a dial when I was using one, just shorted the 2 wires together.

It will cause some issues Paul without fuel trims and startup adjusted, the fpdm will alow full voltage during start up which will dump fuel/spike. Also when initialy going wot the fpdm over reacts by sending large voltage in then modulated the ground down till the minimum frequency is reached to maintain pressure. This can cause on/off throttle pressure spikes and rich conditions. But as for driveability it will be fine. It will be much easier to just leave it at full lean like its not even there till you are ready to turn it up and tune it.

Test i did to figure this out when working on my fuel system besides reading voltage was when my car was idling at around 28-30psi of fuel pressure, I would quickly turn the bap to full rich and pressure would shoot up to 60-65 psi and it would take a couple seconds for the fpdm to adjust and drop back down to delta. Same Thing happens when you intialy tip-in on the throttle, large spike in pressure.

Last edited:

one eyed willy

Pizzle fo shizzle
Reaction score
I never had a single issue at all.....I ran it wide open on my N/A setup for 6 months. That's my first hand experience....I didn't have a knob to use, most used kits have missing knobs.

GT500 BAP doesn't even have a dial.......if that tells you anything.....

Why do I even bother to post here.......not like I know anything.......

waketek516

Pedal to the Metal!
Reaction score
For all the noobs... search works. I was looking for this exact answer today :)

Thanks again S197!

Back