Can someone review my tune?

Eric Brooks

forum member
Reaction score
Unfortunately, you would have to get the tune file from the tuner.

SCT does a good job of protecting the tuners' work, where Diablo allows anyone to read out the custom tune files from a Predator.

lito

forum member
Reaction score
I know Eric has already been in Canada tuning cars, talk to him and maybe you can set something up.

Vapour Trails

The Renaissance Man
Reaction score
This is interesting to know. I don't even know what to say. Who can I trust?!!?!? Can I fly someone up!?

It's generally hard to get enough people to make such a trip worthwhile for the tuner. Eric's trip to Winnipeg this summer was cancelled.
Best option is remote tuning, but only via SCT tuner.

RED09GT

Equal Opportunity Offender
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
This is interesting to know. I don't even know what to say. Who can I trust?!!?!? Can I fly someone up!?

Wayne Johnson from Brown Bros Ford in Vancouver does some great work on GT500's and termy cobras. He's also done lots of 3 valve cars and I'm yet to hear about anyone popping a motor that he's tuned.
[email protected]

explict

Heavy Metal
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Just out of curiosity, is there anyway I can get my hands on the tuning software for the Diablosport Predator or SCT handhelds? Or is that a dealer only thing?
I like knowing exactly what is going on with my car whether it be a good tune or bad tune, I hate this hoping for the best b/s.

stkjock

---- Madmin ----
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Just out of curiosity, is there anyway I can get my hands on the tuning software for the Diablosport Predator or SCT handhelds? Or is that a dealer only thing?
I like knowing exactly what is going on with my car whether it be a good tune or bad tune, I hate this hoping for the best b/s.

I'm sure you could purchase it... I think the SCT stuff is like $700 for a single car's use

Eric Brooks

forum member
Reaction score

Diablo is dealer only, they have no end user tuning software.

SCT has the pro racer package, but you do no get access to everything (nor do normal SCT dealers) unless you have attended the advanced training classes, and for an 05+, the you get none of the drive by wire parameters.

You are going to be much better off, and have spent less, if you pay to have a reputable tuner tune your car. If you think you can buy the software, and figure it all out by yourself, you cannot. Stand alone fuel injection you can, as there aren't a ton of parameters, and there is an instruction manual, but tuning a OEM fuel injection system, specifically the 05+ Mustang is pretty darn complicated, and we are continuing to learn how so many of the thousands of parameters react with each other.

explict

Heavy Metal
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I'm not talking about tuning the car myself, I am talking if I give it to a tuner and they fudge up my car again I can relay the tune to someone and I can get it fixed. Also a way of learning. It's almost like having a disease a doctor gives you medicine for to make you feel better, but he wont tell you what medicine he is giving you. It irks me not even being able to "look" and see what is going on.

Just out of curiosity, how did you get started in the tuning business?

Last edited:

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back