Car Jerks Hard Before it Hits Boost/Power

Hayes5point0

Reaction score
Hello,

I have a 2013 Ford Mustang GT with a Vortech V3 Supercharger amongst other supporting engine mods. Recently when making a pull in the car it jerks once super hard around 3-4k rpms before it gets into boost/power but then its smooth/normal all the way through the power band. It is super frustrating to drive with but is still making the power like it should. I have a SCT Tuner with customs tunes from Lund and tried reflashing the tune but no change was made. Does anyone have any idea what could be causing this problem? Is it a tuning issue or more along the lines of an ignition problem?

Thank you for any help!

-Hayes

Last edited:

Hayes5point0

Reaction score
The car has a wastegate if that's what you're asking, but I would assume it would be closed during that time since it's building boost.

stkjock

---- Madmin ----
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
if the car it self is moving right, that would make me think suspension, not tuning.

other thought is motor mounts - maybe one is bad

Hayes5point0

Reaction score
my apologies i can see how my wording made it seem like the car was jerking to the right. it's more along the lines of falling on its face for a split second and loses all engine power then all comes back in. like the ignition or something is cutting out

lwarrior1016

Reaction score
Did the car ever run correctly? Is this a new development or has it done this since the blower was initially installed?

Hayes5point0

Reaction score
no this is new. it just started happening a couple of weeks ago. before it never had any issues like this so that’s why i’m questioning if it’s the tune or not

lwarrior1016

Reaction score
I don’t think that’s going to be a tune issue then.

I’d probably start looking for misfires. Coils, plugs, injectors, and so on

JC SSP

Reaction score
If you have a boost gauge you can monitor belt slippage. +/- boost

Post some pics of your ride too.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back