Cool model engine

FalconGTHO

The Reporter
S197 Team Member
Reaction score

And who can answer (without Google) what "Ardun" stands for?

Last edited:

randys06v6

forum member
Reaction score
Holy shit that's tight. If I owned a rice burner I would use that as my motor lol! Even better, those rc drift cars, stick it in that lol cammin while drifting lol

JEWC_Motorsports

S197 Junkie
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Couldnt tell you what it stands for but i know ive seen the name. Usually mentioned in a ford flathead or hemi head. Thats as far as my knowledge goes.

FalconGTHO

The Reporter
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Couldnt tell you what it stands for but i know ive seen the name. Usually mentioned in a ford flathead or hemi head. Thats as far as my knowledge goes.

Lol. Its probably going to be someone like Marc who answers.

I have no prize to give just curious who else knows.

Marc s

NASA AIX
Reaction score
Actually, Zora and Yura marketed them but George Kudasch designed them. They are very cool looking.

My Dad ran a set of the original Ardun heads on a top fuel flathead dragster. The problem was, the used very long cast steel pushrods that flexed and broke. My Dad removed the heads and modified the flathead by swaping the intake ports and the exhaust ports. The headers were attached the to intake ports and the supercharger was attached the crank and then fed into the exhaust ports. My Dad still has the Ardun heads in his shop.

FalconGTHO

The Reporter
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Actually, Zora and Yura marketed them but George Kudasch designed them. They are very cool looking.

Yes and he died in 08. But the Ardun Mechanical Corp sold them and thats where the Ardun is from for the rest on here.

My Dad ran a set of the original Ardun heads on a top fuel flathead dragster. The problem was, the used very long cast steel pushrods that flexed and broke. My Dad removed the heads and modified the flathead by swaping the intake ports and the exhaust ports. The headers were attached the to intake ports and the supercharger was attached the crank and then fed into the exhaust ports. My Dad still has the Ardun heads in his shop.

Those have to be worth a small fortune, ehh?

rxpwhistler1

forum member
Reaction score

I want one of those so bad... don't even wanna know what they cost...

I found a company that sells them....a supercharged V8 was something crazy like $5,000.00, so a motor similar to that would probably be $1,500-3,000.00? Sounds insane but I suppose a lot of work goes into those tiny little bastards. I do want one, but for that price I will stick to good ole' full size motors

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back