Correct dilution for foam gun

BlackSunshine

Power Downshifter
Reaction score
Hey guys,

So i just picked up a Wolfgang Foamaster Foam Gun (Quart) and would like some advice on the correct dilution of soap to water for it.

I am using CG CW&G with it and, for now, I want a dilution rate that won't strip the LSP. What do you recommend for the ratio of soap to water in the foam gun? Also, if you have experience with the gun itself, what setting do you recommend?

Be advised, I want to use the gun as the prime washing tool with only a bucket of clean water for rinsing. Any and all tips appreciated.

Thanks,

Capital_M

Reaction score
Why are you using a wash that *could* strip the wax.

Go buy DP extreme foam car wash (or something like that) foams like crazy and will not strip wax.

When I use it I fill the bottle up 80% with water. and then put like 2 cap fulls of soap. adjust is necessary.

BlackSunshine

Power Downshifter
Reaction score
Why are you using a wash that *could* strip the wax.

Go buy DP extreme foam car wash (or something like that) foams like crazy and will not strip wax.

When I use it I fill the bottle up 80% with water. and then put like 2 cap fulls of soap. adjust is necessary.

Have always heard rave reviews of CW&G so giving it a shot. My understanding is if you dilute it enough its perfectly safe for LSPs and works really well.

Seer

forum member
Reaction score
Have always heard rave reviews of CW&G so giving it a shot. My understanding is if you dilute it enough its perfectly safe for LSPs and works really well.

It is perfectly safe for LSP's with the proper dillution ratio. That being said, to get good foam, no foam gun I know of will allow you to run such a ratio and be LSP safe with that soap.

If you want to use a good soap for a foam gun, use CG Honeydew or Maxi Suds II. You can add a drop or two of CWG in it for the cleaning power though and be safe. If you insist on using a CG Citrus soap, then buy their Citrus Wash Daily.

MLC40

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
+1 on CG Honeydew, I use one ounce in my quart foamer.

It is perfectly safe for LSP's with the proper dillution ratio. That being said, to get good foam, no foam gun I know of will allow you to run such a ratio and be LSP safe with that soap.

If you want to use a good soap for a foam gun, use CG Honeydew or Maxi Suds II. You can add a drop or two of CWG in it for the cleaning power though and be safe. If you insist on using a CG Citrus soap, then buy their Citrus Wash Daily.

John@Lethal

Official Vendor
Reaction score
DP Extreme Foam Formula definitely holds true to it's name. Give that a shot. I know you can get lots of different formulas in sample size so try a few and see which one you like best.

Tell you one thing though, spilling the DP Xtreme Foam on a floor is not a fun mess to clean up.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back