Couple of issues

Kaldar142

Reaction score
Car has been running great, but i have a few questions/issues...

1. Yesterday, in this cold weather (25*F) i was showing my friend my car, i was doing a 4th gear pull and the car suddenly feels like i hit a brickwall. I backed off and took it easy the rest of the way home.

I'm assuming i was overboosting and hit fuel cut or something? Being this car is N/A stock i'm not sure if the ECU would be able to compensate for something like that.

2. I have Steeda rod-ended LCAs and whenever i go up a driveway / incline at a diagonal angle i hear a LOUD clang / metallicy pop sound.

I'm assuming the arms are binding?

3. I have a Fays2 Watts link, and sometimes it looks like one wheel pokes out more on side than the other...but changes from side to side sometimes. i could be completely wrong though, does that sound normal?

4. After i put on my A47 mirrors, the window rubber trim that is located near the mirrors, it makes a horrible screeching sound when i roll the windows/up down. The bottom of it is slightly torn and folds under when i roll the windows up/down. Where can i get a replacement rubber trim?

5. My e-brake won't hold itself in place anymore, i have to use a prop to hold the e-brake up. its like the locking mechanism broke... lol

Thats all i can think of for now, any ideas?

-Joe

Hawgman

THE fucking bad guy
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I'm assuming i was overboosting and hit fuel cut or something? Being this car is N/A stock i'm not sure if the ECU would be able to compensate for something like that.

Ok, I will be the one to ask the dumbass question. How do you "overboost" with a N/A stock car?

Kaldar142

Reaction score
oops, i really worded that wrong... my car is procharged, but i mean't the ECU is oem (tuned) so i didn't know if it was able to compensate for overboosting/fuel cut.

07 Boss

Reaction score
Car has been running great, but i have a few questions/issues...

1. Yesterday, in this cold weather (25*F) i was showing my friend my car, i was doing a 4th gear pull and the car suddenly feels like i hit a brickwall. I backed off and took it easy the rest of the way home.

2. I have Steeda rod-ended LCAs and whenever i go up a driveway / incline at a diagonal angle i hear a LOUD clang / metallicy pop sound.

I'm assuming the arms are binding?

3. I have a Fays2 Watts link, and sometimes it looks like one wheel pokes out more on side than the other...but changes from side to side sometimes. i could be completely wrong though, does that sound normal?

4. After i put on my A47 mirrors, the window rubber trim that is located near the mirrors, it makes a horrible screeching sound when i roll the windows/up down. The bottom of it is slightly torn and folds under when i roll the windows up/down. Where can i get a replacement rubber trim?

5. My e-brake won't hold itself in place anymore, i have to use a prop to hold the e-brake up. its like the locking mechanism broke... lol

Thats all i can think of for now, any ideas?

-Joe

1- Was the Traction Control on? If so tire(s) started to spin and the car cut spark and applied brakes.

2- Definite possibility. My car creaks a little in those spots, poly bushings, so I would assume that it could be your sphericals binding up, but I thought that spherical would be better than poly in these situations, shouldn't it?

3- That shouldn't be happening with a Watts link unless something is broken, Probably your imagination. But if something were broken, it might explain why you have an issue with your LCA's binding up.

4- Ford.

5- What does the button feel like? Is it engaging, clicking as it goes up? Now at least it's set up for drifting.

navyman8903

forum member
Reaction score
um. Not shitting on you, but how does a gear/belt driven supercharger over boost?

Kaldar142

Reaction score
^^ see, thats what i was thinking too, but maybe from it being much colder and the denser air? i have no clue lol.

traction control was off, as always.

Yes, its like my ebrake is set up for drifting, it clicks as it goes up but just doesnt stay lol

limelight

forum member
Reaction score
Order a new handbrake assembly at the Ford dealer while you're there getting the window belt molding.

jroc07gt

its orange not yellow!!
Reaction score
tires sticking out farther on one side than the other just means you need to line the rearend up with a adjustable panhard bar.

on the other problem i think your tuner just set up a boost cut in the tune for you. do you have a boost gauge in the car to see how far it is going up? the software has tables that allow compensation for weather changes but it might have felt that you only had the fuel system to support so much boost to keep it safe. my honda was tuned for 16psi with a boost cut of 18. the load of 4th gear would show higher boost levels.

SD07GT

forum member
Reaction score
You are correct on your Fays watts , the axle assemble is shifted to one side why (Fays suck ass in my opinion ) The clamps slip on your axle tubes .....the only way to stop this is weld the clamps to the tubes ...but then the welds will crack eventually . You can try to tightening the clamps until you almost brake the bolts but it wont help .

We did a test session at Willow springs for the day with Fays and Steeda watts link and the axle was off center on three out of four cars ...the only one that stayed centered was mine why I have the Griggs unit !!

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back