Failsafe with no codes

dysan

Dis-Member
Reaction score
Anyone ever have their car go into failsafe, no check engine light, no wrench and it totally shuts down? Been fighting an issue since my new engine went in...whenever I put the 3" pulley on my car it has gone into failsafe around 6400 rpms in third gear. Unfortunately i don't have time to keep the 3" pulley on since I run my car at low boost in competition every week.

Made a hail mary pass today with the good air and the car was easily on a 10.1 pass but it shut off/down just shy of the 1000' mark and went a 10.297 @ 124mph.

Figured I would post this question up to see if anyone else has experienced this.

And fyi, I park the car at the end of the track, shut the key off, then it starts up fine afterwards.

dysan

Dis-Member
Reaction score
I log every run I do on the 3" pulley..and my car won't see a dyno :roflmao:

All of my tuning and pulls are done with actual load being on the car at the track.

Lito has never ever heard of a car going into failsafe without a wrench or code so that's why I'm asking if anyone has ever had something similar happen.

TexasBlownV8

Formerly TexasBlownV6
Reaction score
I've had that happen with an 5r55s automatic shifting 1st to 2nd...failsafe with no codes, but was at lower rpms. It was a tune issue with torque calculations.

dysan

Dis-Member
Reaction score
We are going to try raising the allowable torque error way up.

And @ 05moneypit, the speed limiter is turned off in the tune.

dysan

Dis-Member
Reaction score
It's a shame...the best I've run in the car until yesterday was an 10.42 and I was hoping for a 10.1x run. Would have been too I suspect looking at the incrementals of the timeslip.

IMAG0735_zps4c775fad.jpg

dysan

Dis-Member
Reaction score
108 in the 1/8th is getting it! What type of FI you running??

Edelbrock e-force blower. Engine info is in my sig. I just need to work on my cooling so I can keep the car turned up but for now I normally run very low boost for consistency since I compete in the Super Pro bracket class. The last thing I want is the car to start pulling timing and throw off my ET.

05moneypit

forum member
Reaction score
Edelbrock e-force blower. Engine info is in my sig. I just need to work on my cooling so I can keep the car turned up but for now I normally run very low boost for consistency since I compete in the Super Pro bracket class. The last thing I want is the car to start pulling timing and throw off my ET.

Kool!! Without me jacking this thread...I saw your post in the self tuning thread in chit chat. Learning and using the PRP software will really help you nail down the consistency by building a track only tune.

drive_55_not

forum member
Reaction score
I have a 5sp and ay car shutdown without a wrench light a couple times when I 1st installed my TVS, It went into limp mode several times and usually it did set the wrench light ..

I finally tracked it down to being a loose pin in the TPS pigtail Roush uses for the TVS TPS relocation ..

Good luck, I know it's seriously annoying having that happen.

dysan

Dis-Member
Reaction score
Thanks for that tip. I will check the connections since the tps also uses a pigtail with the edelbrock.

The only odd thing is that it has only done it with the 3" pulley on since the new engine build. That is why we are thinking torque error issue.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back