Finally Brought Out the Porter Cable

Midnight11

forum member
Reaction score
Well I finally had some time and good weather do try out my new porter cable 7424xp. First I washed the car then started with the wolfgang total swirl remover 3.0. Worked in small sections and got it pretty much swirl free. Then I finished by applying the wolfgang finishing glaze. Really like how everything turned out and it has a glossy and deep reflection now. This is my first time ever detailing like this and now I am addicted lol
well finally brought out the porter cable. love it! car looks amazing lol
door
IMG_0408.jpg

IMG_0410.jpg

IMG_0411.jpg

IMG_0412.jpg

IMG_0417.jpg

IMG_0418.jpg

IMG_0421.jpg

IMG_0429.jpg

IMG_0427.jpg

cwhit23

forum member
Reaction score
Looks great man. It turned out better than my truck, but then again my truck paint was about dead.

I had a thread a couple days ago about the same thing. PC is awesome isn't it? Easy and idiot proof. After doing my truck I've had 2 people ask me what I'd charge to do their cars. I think I've found my next hobby.

Now you just need to hit it with a good sealant and wax.

Midnight11

forum member
Reaction score
thanks man and yes I love it! my roommate wants me to do it to his 5.0 now too. ive got the blackfire sealant to go on just when I get some more free time

HitandRunDriver

Amateur Goon
Reaction score
Black always looks great freshly done....then 5-10 minutes later after the dust settles back on....meh.

I'd say get a move on applying that sealant, after polishing the paint has no protection. A glaze will fill in small swirls but will not protect the clear from getting more.

superslow86

forum member
Reaction score
Nice job! Looks amazing! I also just busted out my PC for the first time on my Redfire and DAMN, what a huge difference...I still have some fine swirls but I will get a more agressive compound/polish next time. Also sealed with BFWD...amazing stuff IMO (im a noob to the PC and detailing)

Fuerte

forum member
Reaction score
All these pictures of people using the porter cable makes me to buy one!

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

cwhit23

forum member
Reaction score
Do it man!! a little bit of an ivestment with pads and polish's etc, but if you enjoy doing detailing etc its well worth it!

Fuerte

forum member
Reaction score
Do it man!! a little bit of an ivestment with pads and polish's etc, but if you enjoy doing detailing etc its well worth it!

I want to but the koni shocks/struts I want went on sale. where did you get your PC at?

cwhit23

forum member
Reaction score
I want to but the koni shocks/struts I want went on sale. where did you get your PC at?

Don't blame you there. I bought my PC at autogeek as a kit that came with pads.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back