Fitting size for Power Steering hard line

TexasKyle

D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I have to replace the two hard lines that run from the steering gearbox to the rack itself. These are the two preformed hard lines that come with the rack. You can not buy these separate from Ford, or anywhere else that I have found.
(these are not the lines coming from the pump, or going to the reservoir)

I am going to try and go with flexible hose for these two lines. Im in Brazil right now so I don't have access to anything, but want to try and order what I need while I am gone.

Can anyone tell me, with certainty, what the size of the fittings are that are on the end of the lines? I am thinking it is a 9/16 x 18, or a 5/8 x 18 thread.

If I can get the correct sized nailed down, I will use fittings like these:
http://pitstopusa.com/i-5066145-aer...d-size-female-45-power-steering-hose-end.html

or
http://www.aeroquip.cc/fbm1382-fcm1382.aspx depending on what size I need.

Thanks in advance.

Kyle

Dorkfish

Reaction score
I changed mine this spring while attempting to eliminate a power steering noise. One of the tubes was a bit crushed in one of it's tight turns. After ridiculous amounts of searching and a couple equally ridiculous conversations with my parts guy, I found them. The ford part numbers are:

F3LY*3A717*A shorter hard ps line
F3LY*3A714*A longer hard ps line

And no, it didn't solve my noise issue. The lines come with new Teflon washers pre-installed. Make sure you account for all the old Teflon material or you'll double- gasket it and it'll leak. I know this for certain.

one eyed willy

Pizzle fo shizzle
Reaction score
12mm 1.75 thread, 1/4 or 6mm hose

*crickets*

Stumped y'all huh?

suk it! LOL

for your info as well, i found a local place to me that sold me some new hose that was bendable by hand....i told the guy i needed a 31" long piece, he cut my old fittings off and put them on the new piece and flared the 2 ends for me....i can home, installed and shaped it the way i wanted....cost me $15......

TexasKyle

D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I changed mine this spring while attempting to eliminate a power steering noise. One of the tubes was a bit crushed in one of it's tight turns. After ridiculous amounts of searching and a couple equally ridiculous conversations with my parts guy, I found them. The ford part numbers are:

And no, it didn't solve my noise issue. The lines come with new Teflon washers pre-installed. Make sure you account for all the old Teflon material or you'll double- gasket it and it'll leak. I know this for certain.

12mm 1.75 thread, 1/4 or 6mm hose

suk it! LOL

for your info as well, i found a local place to me that sold me some new hose that was bendable by hand....i told the guy i needed a 31" long piece, he cut my old fittings off and put them on the new piece and flared the 2 ends for me....i can home, installed and shaped it the way i wanted....cost me $15......

Thanks for the info and part numbers guys.

Ford parts counter guy just flat told me there was no where to buy just those lines and I would have to buy a whole new rack instead. It's "only" $300, plus a $255 core charge. Yea, oooook dude. If I wanted to take the whole turbo system out to change the rack, I would have done that already.

TexasKyle

D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F
S197 Team Member
Reaction score

Maybe these part numbers are for something newer than an 06 or 07 GT. I ordered these and they are not even close to being correct.

I didn't specify what model yr I needed them for, so that would be my mistake.

What yr GT did you order these lines for?

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back