Flasher number for LED bulbs?

cavero

forum member
Reaction score
I'm looking at getting LED bulbs for my tail lights and was hoping I could replace the flasher instead of installing resistor modules to eliminate the hyperblink.

Diode Dynamics sells flasher modules to do the job, but they don't list the applications. They list these

CF14 (EP35) LED Flasher Module
CF18 (LM449) LED Flasher Module
CF13 (EP34) LED Flasher Module
EP29 LED Turn Signal Flasher
EP26 LED Flasher
EP28 LED Turn Signal Flasher
EP27 LED Flasher Module
LM470 LED Flasher
LM526 LED Flasher
LM487 LED Flasher
LM486 LED Turn Signal Flasher

Looking at Rock Auto, I've found 2 flashers with EP-27 printed on the side (from the pics). Seems reasonable this is the one I should go for but wanted to see if anyone can confirm.

Car is an 06 GT

JeremyH

3V Fuel Guru
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Just look up bulb type and its going to be a dual style to match a dual filament bulb. They build them to handle blinking in the first place. I run their 60 led 3157 for parking/blinker and work great. The style is up to you.

Exley

forum member
Reaction score
S197 mustangs don't have a flasher relay. Pretty much all of the lighting stuff runs through the Smart Junction Box.

cavero

forum member
Reaction score
Just look up bulb type and its going to be a dual style to match a dual filament bulb. They build them to handle blinking in the first place. I run their 60 led 3157 for parking/blinker and work great. The style is up to you.

Cool, I'll look through, order 1 to make sure I like the effect, and'll through up some pics :thumb:

cavero

forum member
Reaction score
S197 mustangs don't have a flasher relay. Pretty much all of the lighting stuff runs through the Smart Junction Box.

I was under the impression that the early S197's had separate flashers, but can't remember why I thought that. Ford has a listing for a flasher (used my VIN on fordparts.com)

Part # 13350(SF-631)

That said, it might not be for the turn signals. They also have it listed for 2012 mustangs too. It could be a flasher relay for something else. This is gonna drive me crazy until I figure it out

cavero

forum member
Reaction score
I was under the impression that the early S197's had separate flashers, but can't remember why I thought that. Ford has a listing for a flasher (used my VIN on fordparts.com)

Part # 13350(SF-631)

That said, it might not be for the turn signals. They also have it listed for 2012 mustangs too. It could be a flasher relay for something else. This is gonna drive me crazy until I figure it out

Poking my head under the hood and dash, I don't see one. Plus 100% of all results in a search are consistently saying it's built into the SJB. I could understand AutoZone or Rock Auto listing a phantom part, but Ford?

Exley

forum member
Reaction score

Part # 13350(SF-631)

Weird. That's entirely possible I know they did change some stuff from 05-06 to 07+. I was basing my assumption on my 07.

that said, it might not be for the turn signals. They also have it listed for 2012 mustangs too. It could be a flasher relay for something else. This is gonna drive me crazy until I figure it out

Extra weird lol. Just looked at a 2011 wiring diagram. The wire to the hazzard switch goes right to the smart junction box and then to ground, just like my car. Dont know what else would need a flasher relay.

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back