for those of you with lightweight batteries...

darkstar november

magical turning mustang
Reaction score
i dont see an image
better?

hell.jpg

topgunn

forum member
Reaction score
light weight battery solutions

For everyone moving their battery to the back,check out accels new lighting cable.We just got a 100' spool of #2 gauge in and it only weighed thirteen pounds,including the spool.Don't let heavy welding lead add weight back that you just took out.

don_w

Dyno Numbers - Who Cares?
Reaction score
For everyone moving their battery to the back,check out accels new lighting cable.We just got a 100' spool of #2 gauge in and it only weighed thirteen pounds,including the spool.Don't let heavy welding lead add weight back that you just took out.
How much did the 100' spool cost? And is #2 gauge big enough for a trunk mount application?

topgunn

forum member
Reaction score
Not for sure on the whole spool, we just got it in.I will check and let you know.Check out summit or jegs and see how much it is a foot or 20' section.# 2 is plenty for a trunk mount application.

FordFan

Reaction score
I used the search feature and DUG this up. Thanks for all your guys research, how are all the lite weights holding up??

My situation is like this-
One of my S197 stock batteries crap out (2006) so I'm going to swap my 2008 into that car and install something a little better and lighter in my kinda daily driver (haha) and 5 to 6 times a year Open Track car.
After selling batteries for a number of years, CCA and Reserve Capacity and hours is very important in my selection.

It's 8lbs lighter then the stocker 21lb vs 29lb
http://www.braillebattery.com/index.php/batteries/b3121/applications

Summit Racing sells them for $179

Sure it's more money then most but much lighter then an Optimum for about the same money.

1st runner up was the Odyssey PC925MJT
http://www.odysseybatteries.com/battery/pc925mjt.htm
Disadvantage weight similar to stock
Advantage 3 year full warranty

Am I over looking anything??

Last edited:

Bizzyb0nes

forum member
Reaction score
I was doing some more looking around, and the Braille battery, not sure of the Deka that Kaldar was using, but is darn near double the CCA capacity that the PC680 (220cca) from odyssey is, along with a whole bunch of other ones that were listed in here. Braille part number "2015" at 446cca, would be someone's best bet and probably not have cranking/longevity issues, its more expensive, but potentially the best of both worlds

Last edited:

gray1622

forum member
Reaction score
I have a Deka ext14. When I first put it in I had no problems at all. When I went back to school I start to have some problems. I would only drive 3 or 4 miles at a time plus my car would sit for 2 or 3 days. For the most part if I started it everyday it was fine. Then when start getting around 30 degrees I would have to use my battery booster box to start it. I decide to just put a big battery in it till summer. If I was to do it over again I would of got something that weighted 14 to 16 pounds vs the one I have now. I do have underdrive pulleys and I did accidentally cross the terminals when I installed it. S my battery may of been damage from the get go. If you go with the 8 pound. I would suggest buying a battery booster for when you forget to turn off the overhead light or if the car sits for 3 day or so. TBS for are cars that says, to discount the battery cable when storing the car because there micro processors in the line that constantly drain power.

3vs197

forum member
Reaction score
i have the odyssey 680? i think. rated at like 220cca or something but i tested it at work and came in @ 400 cca. it worked great in the summer. when the temps get below 40, its gets a little sketchy but as long as the car is driven every day it was never an issue. and by the time it got really cold, the car was in stoarge so it didn't matter at that point.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back