Ford racing plugs

Starfire

forum member
Reaction score
So I ordered ford racing plugs for my car, new head design, and got these....

plugs.jpg

Starfire

forum member
Reaction score
Yeah they came in a box of 4 (2 boxes) and there is a big for racing label on them with the part number lol

RRRoamer

Reaction score
When I bought my 1999 YZ-250 (new in January of 1999) I bought two extra NGK plugs (it came stock with a NGK plug). Ten freaking years later, I STILL have one of those plugs new in box...

Three things:

1) Modern electronic ignitions REALLY changed the game in 2-strokes.
2) Properly tuning a 2-stroke so it isn't ultra freaking rich REALLY reduces plug fouling.
3) I REALLY need to get my butt on the bike more often. I used to ride it every week when I was younger, but the older I got, the less I rode...

Starfire

forum member
Reaction score
Well there in, swap couldn't be any easier, there wasn't even a hint of the old plugs being stuck in, came out very easy, so much so this was by far the easiest plug change I've done on any car.

Engine feels smoother, they were all pretty much gapped at .033 to .035 I made them all as close as possible. Feels smooth all though the RPMs, couldn't get on it much roads are wet. I still can't figure out what was my orginal problem with the smoke, and almost no running state of the engine one morning but all seems gone now, though I swear when the car is in it's warm up cycle when you first start it you can feel a miss here and there, but no codes or anything, maybe it's just me.

I'll post a pic of the old plugs, they didn't look to bad, but the gap was much larger.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back