Fresh pics of my '99 Convertible (non-S197 inside)

KrisR

forum member
Reaction score
Finally, results!

E85, 16-17lbs of boost. Would have tried more boost but the A1000 is on the edge as it is. It has around 16 degrees of timing in it. Eventually I'll upgrade the wiring and/or pump and try more boost but its working great for now!
Thanks to all my friends who made this possible.
img008-1.jpg

...and vs the Kenne Bell 1.7L at 16psi...yeah I know it looks bad on the low end but it spools better on the street. I see 15lbs of boost by ~3500 or so.
img011.jpg

...and vs the On3 kit (same MasterPower 70mm turbo) on my old '05 GT )pump gas). This was at around the same boost level too. Pretty similar actually.
img012.jpg

cwhit23

forum member
Reaction score
Seems you guys are going backwards.. i.e. in car years.. lol

I like it, I've always been afraid to build a vert though. Just don't feel safe or something to me. Props though, it's a beautiful car and I'm sure it's fun as hell to drive. I like the way those drive, it's reminiscent of the foxs. imo

Mike K

WANNA BE FAST
Reaction score
Looks good.
I'll be down in shakopee next Saturday while a buddy gets his car tuned if you want to shoot down.

KrisR

forum member
Reaction score
Looking good as always KrisRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!!!

Thanks Tim!

Also, to those who have been following this, I have a Weldon 2025a fuel pump sitting at my house that should be good to ~850rwhp on E85 and a brand new On3 76mm ball bearing turbo with .96 a/r exhaust housing, to replace my MP T70 with .68 a/r. I plan to throw the new turbo and pump in sometime in the next couple weeks and hit the dyno again with 20+psi to see what happens. :) I'd like to make 700+, but we'll see.

Last edited:

KrisR

forum member
Reaction score
Another update.

Got the On3 76mm BB turbo and Weldon pump in. Got it on the dyno yesterday.

It made 671rwhp SAE corrected and something like 638rwtq at 22psi boost. We were at the point where more boost was just making it spin on the dyno (315 Nitto DRs), even with someone sitting in the trunk. I'm sure it makes a lot more torque on the street since the dyno doesn't load it enough.

It will spin the drag radials a little on the street in cooler weather (it was 55 degrees last night) in 3rd gear at 70-80mph (3.27 gears). I think its at a good power level now. :)

forum member
Reaction score
How does it compare to an s197
As a previous owner of a 2004 GT, I'll say the older cars had better visibility and had smaller dimensions. So they were easier to maneuver around. The S197s are on a better chassis though, so handling is noticeably better. Not to mention the interior quality is much better as well.
I do miss my 04 though.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back