FRPP Hotrod cam owners, I need help......

KungFuHamster

forum member
Reaction score
Just curious...what was the code?
it was code P0153...02 sensor slow response...which i figured would be the case with the addition of the headers. i cleared the code a few days ago and it hasnt returned. if it does, no biggie, ill just contact my tuner and we'll work on it.

KungFuHamster

forum member
Reaction score
How much RWHP did you guys pick up with the FRPP cams?
i dont know how much actual power the cams themselves are worth....they were installed along with the long tubes and x-pipe.
ive seen in other forums where on pretty stock cars they only gained 8-10 rwhp from the cams themselves.

one.wicked.stang

Grudge Race?
Reaction score
1 week and no major issues and best of all no OD light. Now just need to have some minor tune adjustments made... time to call/email/pm Matt.

SirKnightTG

forum member
Reaction score
i dont know how much actual power the cams themselves are worth....they were installed along with the long tubes and x-pipe.
ive seen in other forums where on pretty stock cars they only gained 8-10 rwhp from the cams themselves.

Yep, to get the ~30hp FRPP claims you have to do what they say in the Hot Rod description and have a CAI and longtubes.

The same applies to the Thumpr cams (and I guess really any cam). I've read in places where they also got weak gains from them where the car did not have much in the way of exhaust and no CAI.

rivercitypony

forum member
Reaction score
The Brenspeed website has a dyno graph of the Comp NSR Stage II cams. With only a C&L Racer CAI and an otherwise stock motor, they showed something like 31 hp gain and 20 hp peak to peak. Just some food for thought as an alternative to the Hot Rod cams. I'd really like to see what the comp NSR Stage II cams would do with some LTs added as well.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back