fuel cell + return system

forensicsteve

Aggie Dad
Reaction score
We have decided to change from our Lethal triple fuel pump + megadriver system to return style fuel cell.

Does anyone have any experience with this modification and have recommendations? Looking at the aeromotive eliminator or pro-series system.

forensicsteve

Aggie Dad
Reaction score
I am the least knowledgeable on our little team by far... but for our purposes (car is no longer a street vehicle) would a fuel cell not save a little weight, remove some potential "sloshing" issues, and be easier to tune?

We were going to do it down the road...but decided since car is gutted at present...that now would be a good time as any to do the switch.

05stroker

Never enough power guy!
Reaction score
I am the least knowledgeable on our little team by far... but for our purposes (car is no longer a street vehicle) would a fuel cell not save a little weight, remove some potential "sloshing" issues, and be easier to tune?

We were going to do it down the road...but decided since car is gutted at present...that now would be a good time as any to do the switch.

For me the interest is less stuff to fail and easier to tune .

Freaknazty

KEYBOARD NINJA
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Just wondering why you want to do that?

Well I can answer a little of this for you john this car is the bigger badder brother of mine lol . As steve said the car has served it's last days on the street and is being converted into a track only car . A key factor in doing this swap is to reduce unneeded weight on the car .If you figure gas tank , evap crap ect. your looking at a good bit of weight . From my understanding weight reduction is one of their key goals with it right now . Then comes the power level sure the fore system can hang and is a great setup BUT the return system is just a all out better setup for his " goals " . Then there is billy's point it's just one less thing to mess with with the tuning and alot more dummy proof i guess you could call it , basicly one less thing to worry about .

Im sure they have a few more reasons in mind but this is all I'm aware of , btw steve I'm headed up this weekend .......

if your intake goes missing it wasn't me lmao

silverpoison

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I have a fuel cell on my car, I have a Magnafuel Fuel Pump, Magnafuel Regulator, Metco Rails, Magnafuel Filters X 2. The pump works with the ignition on and on a switch.

LEt me know if you have any questions, as far as the modifications, I have a 15 Gal Fuel Cell and I needed to make some brakets to mount the cell inside the spare tire compartment. Ill post some pics.

1217649634.jpg

DSC08019.jpg

DSC08013.jpg

I installed the trans fans where the tank used to be

1217726525.jpg

*JZ*

forum member
Reaction score
If you're doing it for weight reduction and it's an all out drag car now... then sure, I can see it. But as for easier to tune, I guess it all depends on who you ask.

94tbird

4R70W FTMFW
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
anyone think of making an aluminum tank to replace the stock tank in the stock location or is that too dangerous? That would save quite a bit of weight too i think

silverpoison

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I dont remember how much the stock tank weights but is very light, maybe 20 to 30 pounds. I would't do it if it was to save weight!!! I did it because I got tired of the stupid problems when filling it up, and also to transfer weight behind the wheels.

The tuning was very easy, Plus I have now a systme good to go to 1500 rwhp.

Last edited:

ChevyKiller

Preferred Internet Drink
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I have the same system as ed (silverpoison) and I love it - it was one of the best mods I ever did to my car.

Mine is ran a little differently and I like it so Steve, you could copy my design and that is using the stock evap lines for the return. Another 'extra' I did was use 2 filters - one before the pump and one after. It is much better putting the gas weight behind the axles IMO for big torque cars.

forensicsteve

Aggie Dad
Reaction score
Thanks

Incidentally...my tuner Wes was in California last week and met with Greg (think that's his name) and was utterly blown away by the detail and quality of your car's modifications. He said it was stunning.

ChevyKiller

Preferred Internet Drink
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Thanks

Incidentally...my tuner Wes was in California last week and met with Greg (think that's his name) and was utterly blown away by the detail and quality of your car's modifications. He said it was stunning.

Thanks - it is pretty amazing...

if it would only RUN though for more than 2 seconds, then it would be truly amazing...:thud:

GI Joe

Reaction score
I dont think ( in fact I know) the weight saving is not that big a deal. You might save 20 lbs.( the evap stuff can go either way if not already...but I think a better way to do it is the the new lethal triple pump RETURN system. It uses the stock tank, which keeps the fuel sender/gauge ( which I like) and lets you put the pumps in the tank for cooling, no mega driver /FPDM, can still provide substantial fuel with 2 walbro pumps should a third one fail, runs much quieter, not subject to overheating and shutting down...
If I ever change I'll look hard at that....ALOT less work...tank is there, one line is there, wiring is there ( the part you need)...
just IMO

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back