Goin with a SC

deepimpact

forum member
Reaction score
I have a 2013 gt current mods are 373's 1 7/8 in headers o/r x pipe steeda cold air boss intake. I recently been talking bout goin with the roush stage 2 or the vmp stage 2 that's the one I decided on was the vmp. But now I'm looking at some of the vortechs as well I will be installing this by myself probably but my question is what s/c will be better my situation is I drive my car everyday mostly hwy and also what is the easiest to install but if one is better and more efficient but hard to install then of course ima go that route. I still have plenty of time to decide probably not doing this till march. I almost forgot will the vortech be better with the boss intake or will the vmp still out do it?.

Wes06

forum member
Reaction score
i heard DOB has a coyote manifold and its pretty nice ;)

v6tungsten

forum member
Reaction score
I've vote TVS also. if I ever get sell my Saleen supercharger...im going DOB, 13-14 GT500 TVS and VMP newest case.

07 Boss

Reaction score
You're asking the wrong questions if you're trying to decide which kind of blower to get.

eighty6gt

forum member
Reaction score
If DOB makes a manifold for your car I'd use that, since it's far and away the lowest cost option, and they look ok. To me the Roush based systems (VMP) blend in a bit better, no billet, boutique castings for mounts, etc..

You won't be disappointed with a positive displacement system until it gets hot and you can't keep it cooled down. I see you're in Waco, this might be an issue that gets you month after month - I have 2-3 weeks in the summer where the car feels warm, the rest of the time it rips.

Stephen31201

forum member
Reaction score
^^^ agreed. Unless you switch to E85. Then there will be snowmen camping in your intake!:snoopy:snoopy:snoopy:snoopy

ponygrrl

Official Vendor
Reaction score
For a street driven car, I think you'd be much happier with a TVS setup. Like the above post says, in your area heat may become a problem but there's cooling mods to fix that. ;)

We have had Whipples on all of our cars except the Boss 302 which we did the Vortech and having driven both, the Whipple is a little more street friendly, in my opinion, if you want to have the power at the snap of your ankle. Just get good tires lol

eighty6gt

forum member
Reaction score
Yeah if you can run a TVS with E85, bam, bob's your uncle!! I cannot get E85 :(

Department Of Boost

Alpha Geek
Reaction score
I have a 2013 gt current mods are 373's 1 7/8 in headers o/r x pipe steeda cold air boss intake. I recently been talking bout goin with the roush stage 2 or the vmp stage 2 that's the one I decided on was the vmp. But now I'm looking at some of the vortechs as well I will be installing this by myself probably but my question is what s/c will be better my situation is I drive my car everyday mostly hwy and also what is the easiest to install but if one is better and more efficient but hard to install then of course ima go that route. I still have plenty of time to decide probably not doing this till march. I almost forgot will the vortech be better with the boss intake or will the vmp still out do it?.

Of course I'm going to tell you to look at our offerings. We by far have the coolest running setup out there. And the least expensive 550hp out there. Here is a link:

http://departmentofboost.com/products/2011_2014_mustang_gt/gt550_coyote_stage_III.htm?574-The-S197-amp-S550-Coyote-Manifold

If you're going with a "big name" unit I suggest the VMP TVS.

Stephen31201

forum member
Reaction score
^^^ I would go with DOB if I didn't already have my ittle bitty little blower.

Wes06

forum member
Reaction score
sell it to a unsuspecting sucker, err buyer, and get a dob :D

deepimpact

forum member
Reaction score
sell it to a unsuspecting sucker, err buyer, and get a dob :D

Haha goid point wanna sell lol jk. Sorry guys just now was able to check out the replies yea texas heat is crazy as hell,I was still leaning yo the vmp my self honestly I think it's the little whistle the others make and the bov I like to hear but I'd rather not hear it now I'm thinking rolling up sleeper style. As far as tires already set 305 45 18 nittos shud be ok for the street I hope we will see I'll still check out this dob and other offers as well. Thanks for the input just 6500 and 7k is alot of cash to drop for one mod to me don't get me wrong I built motors for my fox body and dropped 5k easily but that is a whole motor lol.

skwerl

tree hugger
Reaction score
You already have the blower. You need an intake and all the other pieces to make it work. Unless you find a complete setup with a fried blower head unit, you're not going to be able to make this work with used pieces parts. Your cheapest alternative would be to talk with DOB about piecing together everything you need. He will sell you the correct intake and other pieces to match your blower.

And the blower head unit is the cheap part. The intake to make it work is the expensive part.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back