Going For 800 Rwhp

JST4FN

forum member
Reaction score
Looking good man. I'd like to swap to the JPC intake on my 5.4 but I'd have to change hoods...again.

05stroker

Never enough power guy!
Reaction score
Looking good man. I'd like to swap to the JPC intake on my 5.4 but I'd have to change hoods...again.
Yea , clearance is minimal with this intake.

picture.php

EagleStroker

N/A Junkie
Reaction score
Damn it ! I almost puked up my tacos . Thats just nasty ! LOL

Agreed!

I went and flipped through your album, good isn't an accurate statement for how nice it looks! I'm curious how you ran your fuel lines, I can't tell if they are going straight through the firewall of if my eyes are playing tricks on me.

05stroker

Never enough power guy!
Reaction score
Looks good, I like the detail you put into this build
Thanks ! Some people really don't understand how long it takes to do the custom work for something like this , custom pieces sometimes means staring at something for hours , looking at all the angles to make sure it will work . I would hate to see what the finished product would have cost from a shop .

05stroker

Never enough power guy!
Reaction score
Agreed!

I went and flipped through your album, good isn't an accurate statement for how nice it looks! I'm curious how you ran your fuel lines, I can't tell if they are going straight through the firewall of if my eyes are playing tricks on me.
There not there yet . It will be two -8 lines coming from the drivers side , under the brake booster. The rails will connect in the rear , where they will go through the regulator , sending unit , pressure sensor etc. . There will also be -10 lines off each valve cover to two Moroso breather tanks mounted on the frame rails , under the headlights and -12 lines off the valve covers to the collectors for the crankcase evac system . All lines will go to the rear of the engine bay on both sides and return to there destination under the fenders and etc. .

EagleStroker

N/A Junkie
Reaction score
There not there yet . It will be two -8 lines coming from the drivers side , under the brake booster. The rails will connect in the rear , where they will go through the regulator , sending unit , pressure sensor etc. . There will also be -10 lines off each valve cover to two Moroso breather tanks mounted on the frame rails , under the headlights and -12 lines off the valve covers to the collectors for the crankcase evac system . All lines will go to the rear of the engine bay on both sides and return to there destination under the fenders and etc. .

So your running both breathers and an evap system, I was hoping that's why the two fittings were coming out of the covers. Did you change anything with the baffles on the covers or leave them as is? This is exactly the kind of attention to detail that I wish I had the time and place to work on myself :beer:

Thanks ! Some people really don't understand how long it takes to do the custom work for something like this , custom pieces sometimes means staring at something for hours , looking at all the angles to make sure it will work . I would hate to see what the finished product would have cost from a shop .

Probably enough to give you a heart attack!

05stroker

Never enough power guy!
Reaction score
So your running both breathers and an evap system, I was hoping that's why the two fittings were coming out of the covers. Did you change anything with the baffles on the covers or leave them as is? This is exactly the kind of attention to detail that I wish I had the time and place to work on myself

I haven't yet , but the drivers side will soon loose the PCV valve . The breathers in the stock locations will vent pressure from the rear of the valve covers , drawing it from the front. The evac setup when under WOT will suck from the front. While the evac setup would draw more of a vacuum on the motor without the breathers , I fell for this application the breathers are necessary for decel and normal street driving.

05stroker

Never enough power guy!
Reaction score
One thing i forgot to add was that I did finally build some cnc alum. pcs to replace the fac vct units on the front of the heads . There is lots of room under the -12 line for the evac system now , with a full vct delete. I deleted a lot of photos from my phone on accident , but I will see if I have one somewhere .

EagleStroker

N/A Junkie
Reaction score
I haven't yet , but the drivers side will soon loose the PCV valve . The breathers in the stock locations will vent pressure from the rear of the valve covers , drawing it from the front. The evac setup when under WOT will suck from the front. While the evac setup would draw more of a vacuum on the motor without the breathers , I fell for this application the breathers are necessary for decel and normal street driving.

This is what I have been thinking about, but simply using a bulkhead fitting at the rear of the cover and extending the baffle to reduce the oil it pulls out.

One thing i forgot to add was that I did finally build some cnc alum. pcs to replace the fac vct units on the front of the heads . There is lots of room under the -12 line for the evac system now , with a full vct delete. I deleted a lot of photos from my phone on accident , but I will see if I have one somewhere .

Someone needs to sell those! For those of us that already have it locked out, might as well get a little extra clearance at the same time.

You really went the extra couple miles when it comes to one off pieces on this car.

05stroker

Never enough power guy!
Reaction score
Here is a pic my guy at the shop sent me after they were cut , I polished the grooves and rounded all the corners at home . I had some really nice pics of them on the motor , but like I said I deleted them . When I remove the drivers valve cover this weekend I will get a pic of that side installed and post it .

picture.php

MLC40

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Here is a pic my guy at the shop sent me after they were cut , I polished the grooves and rounded all the corners at home . I had some really nice pics of them on the motor , but like I said I deleted them . When I remove the drivers valve cover this weekend I will get a pic of that side installed and post it .

picture.php

I see nothing...

Boozshey

Reaction score
I see them, but I know sometimes on another computer I won't see them... strange.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back