H.I.D. Lighting systems

V8SRGR8

Cunning Linguist
Reaction score
So I'm looking for a good quality H.I.D. kit that will match headlights and foglights. There are a million kits out there, and I know 90% have got to be pieces of shit based on the range in prices.

I'd love to find a high quality kit for both headlights and foglights. 6k-8k temp range. Bi xenon would be cool with the no-delay between high and low feature (whatever the hell it's called). It would also be nice if it were basically plug and play - I hate shittly looking wiring running all over the place.

Anyone have experience with a high quality kit that actually works?

Thanks!

luckyone

Reaction score
I am installing some this weekend. If you want I will get you all the detail on mine when I am done. I am going dual phase headlamps and single fogs.

V8SRGR8

Cunning Linguist
Reaction score
If it works out, I'd like to see some info on it. It's hard to know what's crap and what isn't just looking at websites. They all say they're great.

Hawgman

THE fucking bad guy
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I have been running the Vision Bulbs H13 hi/low bi-xenon kit for a couple of years and have no complaints with it at all. It wasn't completely plug and play. Had to splice 3 wires (big woop). But works great, switch between high beam and low beam is instant. The 6000k kit is a crisp bright white with just barely a touch of blue. I started with the 4300k kit and it was too yellow for me. Haven't done the fog lights yet. No real reason why... just haven't.

MikeVistaBlue06 has the same kit for his headlights, and a different H10 kit for his fogs as well as his running lights in his Roush bumper. And has them wired to where he can use all of them at once. It is like standing in front of the sun.

If I remember right, Bingo runs the same Vision Bulbs kit on both of his cars as well.

They have had the same discount code FOREVER and it still works. E46FANDSCT.

Cost of the kit is $219. Shipping is free, and the discount code gives you $32.99 off, making the total (for the H13 hi/low bi-xenon kit) $186.96

If you wanted the fog light replacement as well, then order the 9007 kit. It is $169.95.
Combined discount for both pieces is $58.48, making the total $389.90

And yes, the discount code still works. I just checked it. That is how I got the prices

Last edited:

Wicked One

forum member
Reaction score
Mine are from hidguy.com And were simple to install. They are bi xenon, all they do is push the lamp out via a solonoid(sp) that is mounted to the lamp. You will need separate power for this. Here are some pics.

Attachments

• DSC00425.JPG
    DSC00425.JPG
    113.6 KB · Views: 43
  • DSC00421.JPG
    DSC00421.JPG
    119.5 KB · Views: 26
  • DSC00419.JPG
    DSC00419.JPG
    128.7 KB · Views: 25
  • DSC00418.JPG
    DSC00418.JPG
    108.5 KB · Views: 23
  • DSC00416.JPG
    DSC00416.JPG
    106.1 KB · Views: 31
  • DSC00417.JPG
    DSC00417.JPG
    125.9 KB · Views: 30

simonac

simonac
Reaction score
i am looking at buying the hidguys kit right now...bi-xenon and fog light set up...and the total bill is 285 plus 35 for shipping in canada... and i am wondering ..when u turn on the high beam does the fog goes out like it is suppose to be?? and do you have to leave the light on all the time so they dont freak out on u like some cheapy kit?? does it interfere whit the normal operation of the car or lighting system?? ...sorry for the long post...loll

Enitalp

The lost guy.
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
i am looking at buying the hidguys kit right now...bi-xenon and fog light set up...and the total bill is 285 plus 35 for shipping in canada... and i am wondering ..when u turn on the high beam does the fog goes out like it is suppose to be?? and do you have to leave the light on all the time so they dont freak out on u like some cheapy kit?? does it interfere whit the normal operation of the car or lighting system?? ...sorry for the long post...loll

Don't forget the customs taxes. It started to became crazy. Hate UPS.

Just received a package. Value 75$US. got a 42$CAN taxes on it.

V8SRGR8

Cunning Linguist
Reaction score
I have been running the Vision Bulbs H13 hi/low bi-xenon kit for a couple of years and have no complaints with it at all. It wasn't completely plug and play. Had to splice 3 wires (big woop). But works great, switch between high beam and low beam is instant. The 6000k kit is a crisp bright white with just barely a touch of blue. I started with the 4300k kit and it was too yellow for me. Haven't done the fog lights yet. No real reason why... just haven't.

MikeVistaBlue06 has the same kit for his headlights, and a different H10 kit for his fogs as well as his running lights in his Roush bumper. And has them wired to where he can use all of them at once. It is like standing in front of the sun.

If I remember right, Bingo runs the same Vision Bulbs kit on both of his cars as well.

They have had the same discount code FOREVER and it still works. E46FANDSCT.

Cost of the kit is $219. Shipping is free, and the discount code gives you $32.99 off, making the total (for the H13 hi/low bi-xenon kit) $186.96

If you wanted the fog light replacement as well, then order the 9007 kit. It is $169.95.
Combined discount for both pieces is $58.48, making the total $389.90

And yes, the discount code still works. I just checked it. That is how I got the prices

Thanks for the info. Good stuff. Does everything function normally with this kit, i.e. fogs off with brights? Any problems with bulb flickering or other electrical issues? I've seen some kits selling capacitors to compensate for these issues.

Thanks again!

V8SRGR8

Cunning Linguist
Reaction score
Mine are from hidguy.com And were simple to install. They are bi xenon, all they do is push the lamp out via a solonoid(sp) that is mounted to the lamp. You will need separate power for this. Here are some pics.

I have heard there are problems with the bulbs that move instead of the true bixenons. Have any issues with yours?

simonac

simonac
Reaction score
Don't forget the customs taxes. It started to became crazy. Hate UPS.

Just received a package. Value 75$US. got a 42$CAN taxes on it.
yes of course...but if they dont use ups ???bunch of inocent crook??? my guess is it will be better.. and as for the taxes is it custom fee and taxe or just taxe?? ups never charge the same thing for custom fee and taxe are handle by the goverment and are a fixed rate...

Enitalp

The lost guy.
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
yes of course...but if they dont use ups ???bunch of inocent crook??? my guess is it will be better.. and as for the taxes is it custom fee and taxe or just taxe?? ups never charge the same thing for custom fee and taxe are handle by the goverment and are a fixed rate...

It was for both. It was alway cheaper with Poste Canada. under 100$ i always get 0$ of taxes.

Hawgman

THE fucking bad guy
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I have heard there are problems with the bulbs that move instead of the true bixenons. Have any issues with yours?

I have no problem at all. No flicker, all lights work like they are supposed to. They are powered off of the plugs for your factory lights, so when you switch to hi beam the fogs shut off (just like they are supposed to). All in all, I wouldn't trade em for anything else. And since I have an 05 that has the reflector visor they don't blind people or shine all over the place. Good beam on them, good field of vision.

LAK3RS

Original Member
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Doc, I think I'm going to have to check yours out on Friday. I'm not sure if I really like the look of the HID's yet. Also, is the light distance that much better than the stockers with fogs on? IMO, the stockers with fogs on is pretty bright, and quite wide as well!

mykim72

forum member
Reaction score
how many people do you have for the group buy? i really want these retrofits but i just spent a grip on gauges and a new radiator

V8SRGR8

Cunning Linguist
Reaction score
I have no problem at all. No flicker, all lights work like they are supposed to. They are powered off of the plugs for your factory lights, so when you switch to hi beam the fogs shut off (just like they are supposed to). All in all, I wouldn't trade em for anything else. And since I have an 05 that has the reflector visor they don't blind people or shine all over the place. Good beam on them, good field of vision.

Right on, that was my next question. I've seen a couple kits that scattered the beam everywhere and required them to coat the ends of the bulbs. I'll look into that kit for sure. Thanks!

EagleStroker

N/A Junkie
Reaction score
150 per kit, including shipping, slim or full ballast. These are the digital kits, dual beam, 55 or 35watt in any temperature. Not bad at all IMO!

Last edited:
Back