Has anyone done business with Raceland?

cbass

m̶o̶u̶t̶h̶s̶e̶x̶
Reaction score
I've helped install a few sets, and have ridden on even more, mostly in VW's. They're not bad, but realize that you are buying a $600 set of coilovers. You can't get good name brand shocks for all 4 corners for that price.

KatoS197

forum member
Reaction score
I've helped install a few sets, and have ridden on even more, mostly in VW's. They're not bad, but realize that you are buying a $600 set of coilovers. You can't get good name brand shocks for all 4 corners for that price.

Yeah, that's what I figured. You get what you pay for. Not looking to carve corners, just want some budget "low". I'm not so much concerned in the performance area, as I am in the longevity of the product.

You'd endorse them for moderate DD duty?

black2008gt

GT500 NOOB
Reaction score
For that kind of money id hold off keep the springs you have. Your car looks great. Id invest in a watts link if I was going to do anything suspension wise.

Sky Render

Stig's Retarded Cousin
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Raceland? Seriously? :puke:

At that point, you might as well just cut your stock springs. You'd probably have better ride quality and more suspension travel.

TaylorGT

forum member
Reaction score
Yeah, that's what I figured. You get what you pay for. Not looking to carve corners, just want some budget "low". I'm not so much concerned in the performance area, as I am in the longevity of the product.

You'd endorse them for moderate DD duty?

A lot of guys who aren't concerned with racing or autocross run BC Racing coilovers. They can be had for less than 1000, include adjustable strut mounts, rebound, and they also include a set of shorter end links.

Pretty good value for how well they perform.

Sky Render

Stig's Retarded Cousin
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
A lot of guys who aren't concerned with racing or autocross run BC Racing coilovers. They can be had for less than 1000, include adjustable strut mounts, rebound, and they also include a set of shorter end links.

:thud:

No. Just... No.

KatoS197

forum member
Reaction score
For that kind of money id hold off keep the springs you have. Your car looks great. Id invest in a watts link if I was going to do anything suspension wise.

Thanks! A watts link definitely sounds like a solid purchase, but I'm after front/rear adjustment.

At that point, you might as well just cut your stock springs. You'd probably have better ride quality and more suspension travel.

So I'm guessing your experience with Raceland stuff hasn't been great?

I had another buddy of mine recommend these too. I was quoted $950 for a set.

No. Just... No.

Ok, so what would you suggest? If I had the money, I'd just go AirLift, but I didn't think losing 5mm in sidewall from my previous 275/40s would really catch my eye like it has so I hadn't previously budgeted for an adjustable suspension this soon.

TaylorGT

forum member
Reaction score

No. Just... No.

I'm sorry but we will just agree to disagree. I clearly stated above they are not for anyone who's looking to race competitively.

But as an alternative to someone looking to install racelands or go with H&R super sports and Koni springs (not saying the OP would do that, just an example). I'd choose BC Racing every time.

Sky Render

Stig's Retarded Cousin
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Why do you need coilovers? Do you want adjustable height? Adjustable damping? If you're looking for performance, you're going to need to spend significantly more than that. If you just want your car lower and don't care about a crappy ride or handling, then sure, go with the Racelands. Although I'm pretty sure a set of entry-level Ground Control coilovers won't be super-expensive and will be lightyears ahead of that stancebro brand.

People act like coilovers are freaking magic or something. They're still just springs and dampers.

Last edited:

TaylorGT

forum member
Reaction score
Why do you need coilovers? Do you want adjustable height? Adjustable damping? If you're looking for performance, you're going to need to spend significantly more than that. If you just want your car lower and don't care about a crappy ride or handling, then sure, go with the Racelands. Although I'm pretty sure a set of entry-level Ground Control coilovers won't be super-expensive and will be lightyears ahead of that stancebro brand.

People act like coilovers are freaking magic or something. They're still just springs and dampers.

My guess is, people want to go lower than what conventional spring and damper setups offer without paying for air. Which is why they end up buying racelands, Ksports, SRs etc. BC Racing not a bad alternative for people looking to just get low and have adjust ability.

UltraKla$$ic

PERENNIAL WAXXER
Reaction score
you might as well just cut your stock springs..

ddut8cV.gif

KatoS197

forum member
Reaction score
I'm sorry but we will just agree to disagree. I clearly stated above they are not for anyone who's looking to race competitively.

But as an alternative to someone looking to install racelands or go with H&R super sports and Koni springs (not saying the OP would do that, just an example). I'd choose BC Racing every time.

I appreciate your input. That's the kind of feedback I was looking for.

I want another .75" - 1" lower but not sacrifice ride quality. Thus I prefer not to cut the springs, etc. As I said earlier, I'm not looking for a set to make my car pull 1g in a skid pad, I just want some adjustability in ride height without spending $2,500+ (really over $1,000).

05gtowner

forum member
Reaction score
I tried going 1.75-2.25 inches lower then stock on my 05 and I was literally riding on the bump stops. Even when I went with the MM lowered bumpstops the rear was practically sitting on the axle. It looked great but the ride was so terrible that I just re installed the Roush springs and lived with a little more ride height. I would think that even with coil overs that the car is either going to live on the bump stops or ride so stiff to keep them off that it would be miserable.

Last edited:

KatoS197

forum member
Reaction score
I tried going 1.75-2.25 inches lower then stock on my 05 and I was literally riding on the bump stops. Even when I went with the MM lowered bumpstops the rear was practically sitting on the axle. It looked great but the ride was so terrible that I just re installed the Roush springs and lived with a little more ride height. I would think that even with coil overs that the car is either going to live on the bump stops or ride so stiff to keep them off that it would be miserable.

So I'm virtually a 1/4" away from what you were experiencing? I would think that if that were the case, the majority of folks here on coil overs would say the same thing, but I really haven't noticed it. Then again, ride quality is a subjective experience, right?

Look into Ground Control.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note 4 using Tapatalk

I will look into those. I know back in the day I had a buddy that swore by the infamous Koni Yellow/GC setup.

KatoS197

forum member
Reaction score
Eh, $600-$800 in about a month or so. Getting my o/r x installed, and a tune first.

07TR

forum member
Reaction score

Ahh I'm all for seeing someone take the darren approach

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back