Has anyone ever waited 12 weeks for American Muscle to ship?

Reaction score
My wheels and rims are on backorder and shit they say it could be twelve weeks. I waited forever for my Paxton supercharger from Brenspeed please give me hope I won't have to wait till summer. I order Mickey Thompson's s/s 305/35/18s and 18/10 inch Bullitt rims.

Mach2burnout

05 Redfire GT
Reaction score
My wheels and rims are on backorder and shit they say it could be twelve weeks. I waited forever for my Paxton supercharger from Brenspeed please give me hope I won't have to wait till summer. I order Mickey Thompson's s/s 305/35/18s and 18/10 inch Bullitt rims.

Be patient, supply chain is f’ed up right now for everything!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dino Dino Bambino

I have a red car
Reaction score
I guess I was lucky. My most recent order from CJ Pony Parts took two weeks (a couple of parts were on back order) to arrive at my door, and my last order from Rockauto took just four days. I've placed multiple orders with both over the years and received excellent service.
Generally supply chains have been disrupted by staff shortages due to Covid, but the situation will improve as the number of people forced to stay off work to self isolate decreases.

Iceman62

Bullitt 6005
Reaction score
Intake for my Harley took little over 4-months, after dozens of calls/follow-up emails...supply is hit/miss right now. Just be happy to have a sweet car, $$$ & the livelihood to order parts/work on vehicle. :D

Pentalab

forum member
Reaction score

Are these chrome Bullitt rims ?? I have 8 x chrome bullitt rims, and everything was fine...till I ordered 19 x 10 chrome bullitt rims. What a cluster fuck from AM. Both were pitted badly. Sent back..and with pix, and read em the riot act. Then the 2nd set arrived, even worse. Then I tore a strip off the AM fellow who answered the phone. Told him both sets did not have the QC sticker on em either. ( black 'QC' on a green sticker). Told bozo to inspect the damned rims with a light, and wipe em off 1st..then only ship if ok. 3rd set was ok.. barely. The barrels are now shot. Never again.. the QC has gone right out the window.

I also had a problem with a chrome bullitt rim on the front (18x9..with a 255-45-18) it had a real slow leak. In that case 3 rims had 42 psi of nitrogen in em......and the 4th had just 30 psi...which of course was the one with the slow leak. Went to local tire shop, and he stuck the entire rim + tire in a tank of water..... and up comes microscopic bubbles... coming out 1/2 along the barrel.

My 4 x original chrome rims from summer of 2011 are pristine. The extra pair of 18x10's...bought a few years later are ok. The 19 x 10's bought just a few years ago are piss poor.

MrBhp

Reaction score
Supply chain is f'd up sure. But the workforce is f'd up even more.

Aerofinz

Reaction score
FWIW, I just bought tires from Discount Tire (who now owns Tire Rack), they confirmed what I assumed, expect tires to go up in price as it takes oil to both manufacture them and deliver them (fuel).

I'm currently waiting on a backorder from CJ's, expecting a month delay but who knows it may get longer. Is what it is, small potatoes in the bigger picture.

Last edited:

Laga

Reaction score
Are these chrome Bullitt rims ?? I have 8 x chrome bullitt rims, and everything was fine...till I ordered 19 x 10 chrome bullitt rims. What a cluster fuck from AM. Both were pitted badly. Sent back..and with pix, and read em the riot act. Then the 2nd set arrived, even worse. Then I tore a strip off the AM fellow who answered the phone. Told him both sets did not have the QC sticker on em either. ( black 'QC' on a green sticker). Told bozo to inspect the damned rims with a light, and wipe em off 1st..then only ship if ok. 3rd set was ok.. barely. The barrels are now shot. Never again.. the QC has gone right out the window.

I also had a problem with a chrome bullitt rim on the front (18x9..with a 255-45-18) it had a real slow leak. In that case 3 rims had 42 psi of nitrogen in em......and the 4th had just 30 psi...which of course was the one with the slow leak. Went to local tire shop, and he stuck the entire rim + tire in a tank of water..... and up comes microscopic bubbles... coming out 1/2 along the barrel.

My 4 x original chrome rims from summer of 2011 are pristine. The extra pair of 18x10's...bought a few years later are ok. The 19 x 10's bought just a few years ago are piss poor.
I loved the chrome Bullitt wheels from AM. They looked great on my car. Unfortunately, they rusted around the inside of the bead and wouldn’t hold air and had to be replaced after less than two years. And this was with the car only driven in the snow 1-2 times, and kept in a heated garage year round.

Laga

Reaction score
I’m shopping around to find a builder to install a forged bottom end for my 05. Everyone of the 5 guys I’ve talked to so far have said they can’t get the parts for at least 10 weeks.

Reaction score

I had to buy 18x10s to make the Mickeys fit they are 305/35/18s. I have had my other Bullitt chromes for over ten years with no problem.

eBokey

Reaction score
I am at 7 weeks waiting for wheels. I am okay with the wait. I will most likely get Summer tires so no need to put them on for a couple more months

OX1

forum member
Reaction score
More than 12 weeks in on my Leguna Seca rims from Summit. In fact, they now list the 19 x 10's I wanted as unavailable.

Chuck vmp

Reaction score

Back