Help - car won't start after a quick stop

GhostPsalm

Reaction score
So, 5 times in 2 months now whenever I stop to get gas, use redbox machine, go into a Walgreens, etc. when i get back into the car, it won't start. Starter is just turning away and after 4 seconds or so (sometimes), i hear it gurgle and sometimes it will start (not smoothly but does start).

Other times it won't start and i wait a few minutes and try again and it barely starts (here that gurgle sound). Then it acts normal while driving after that. This does not do it every time i have a quick stop somewhere.

I don't think i have any "fuel" problems when WOT or turning the car off and on again after an hour or two, isolated done to "quick stops". Someone mentioned the car is flooding itself 'casue it thinks its a cold start or something to that effect...

any ideas? Car is a '08 with only 29k miles. Help! I don't want to be that Found On Road Dead mustang at the gas station!

Mods:
Mutha Thumprs
Pypes headers, x-pipe
JLT CAI
89 perf tune from BAMA

stkjock

---- Madmin ----
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Sounds like too much fuel and its flooded. Next time put ur foot to the floor to start it. That cuts the fuel flow from the injectors.

Riptide

Will work for Mustang.
Reaction score
What is up with all these threads lately about cars that get choked on startup?

Riptide

Will work for Mustang.
Reaction score
^
That might be it. Just seems pretty weird to me that after I posted a thread about my car pulling this stunt quite a few more incidents came up.

Question. If cold weather has something to do with it, what is it? Is the engine just more prone to doing it because there is a bit more drag when it first gets turned over?

GhostPsalm

Reaction score
I'm in Houston, lol we don't get cold weather

last time it happened, i was coming from a 1.5hr hwy trip straight to gas station, turned it off, fueled up, tried to start and nothing....stater was going for 4 seconds and engine never started...

dark steed

Resident noob
Reaction score
Starter getting hot from the headers.

I had an 86 Mercedes 300d (European model with aftermarket turbo) and the turbo piping was really close to the starter and it would not turn over after a quick stop.

Op's issue seems to be a fuel/ignition issue, the stater is spinning the motor, but not firing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back