Help needed - Factory HID conversion

V8SRGR8

Cunning Linguist
Reaction score
I managed to score a brand new set of factory HIDs for a good price. I'm having trouble with the wiring though - 3 wires on the 2006 GT harness, 3 wires going into the 2009 HIDs. The lights come on, but shut off after about 30 seconds, and the high beams don't work.

Anyone done this conversion know the deal?

I have been told I could hard wire them, but I'm trying to stay with connectors for ease of removal if needed.

Does anyone have a PDF of the HID harness wiring diagram? My shop manual is from 2005 - HIDs weren't offered yet.

Thanks in advance!

V8SRGR8

Cunning Linguist
Reaction score
The ballasts are inside the assembly - bulbs wouldn't come on at all without them.

This is a factory Ford HID kit.

Ketone

Reaction score
I managed to score a brand new set of factory HIDs for a good price. I'm having trouble with the wiring though - 3 wires on the 2006 GT harness, 3 wires going into the 2009 HIDs. The lights come on, but shut off after about 30 seconds, and the high beams don't work.

Anyone done this conversion know the deal?

I have been told I could hard wire them, but I'm trying to stay with connectors for ease of removal if needed.

Does anyone have a PDF of the HID harness wiring diagram? My shop manual is from 2005 - HIDs weren't offered yet.

Thanks in advance!

I would call Syvania and talk to an engineer, there is more involved than just swapping the lights and connecting to existing wiring. If I remember correctly there were 2 issues when I talked to them:
1. The high beams will not function correctly, something about the motor that opens and closes the shutter infront of the bulb.
2. The voltage going to the factory (non HID) lights is controlled by a module, that output is not setup to run the HID's correctly.

Leo_06GT

forum member
Reaction score
Contact this guy. He'll tell you what you need to do.

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica](321)-722-2813 Ask for Marcello.[/FONT][/FONT]

V8SRGR8

Cunning Linguist
Reaction score
Thanks, Leo. talked to him, and he pointed me to the writeup on the silverhorse website. I have the Ford harness ordered, and am ready to modify when it comes in.

Josh

V8SRGR8

Cunning Linguist
Reaction score
Update - Marcello's method was relatively easy to do, and has the HIDs working perfectly. Thanks for the tip!

Leo_06GT

forum member
Reaction score
Your welcome.

Any chance you can score another set? Or tell me where you got them?

V8SRGR8

Cunning Linguist
Reaction score
I think this was a once in a lifetime price - that's why I jumped on them. Fresh off my motor build, I didn't really want to spend any more, but the price was too good.

I got them from a body shop that did a shelby bumper on a brand new 2009.

Back