Help solve the John Lund mystery.

konablue11gt

forum member
Reaction score
Blankingship is also very good with the 3v cars and is kind of close to you (KY) He just did my friends 05 whipple and recently(8months) did anothers 03 cobra tvs ...both cars are over 600 hp

86GT351

forum member
Reaction score
I would think Jon or Ken would actually do the tunes, your car would just be in the DBR dyno and operated by them.

This. Can;'t go wrong. There is a reason that Power By The Hour and Lund here in South Florida have plus cars on property every day!

stephen1371

forum member
Reaction score
Wow-wow-wow!. DBR is literally 2 minutes from my house. Don't take me as a jerk, but I live in a General Motors factory town. I've always assumed that DBR catered to GM cars. I always see high dollar Vettes, Grand Nationals, Camaros etc in the parking lot. I have zero evidence to back my thoughts up but I'm scared to death that the owner/tuner doesn't know ENOUGH about Mustang 3v performance. Maybe I'm overly cautious. Maybe I'm ignorant to the fact that DBR has tuned plenty of Mustangs with Fore return style dual pump systems running E85 pushing 20lbs of boost at 700 plus rwhp. But I don't want to take my baby to a "we do all brands" shop. I want to take it to an exclusive Mustang shop where tuners/owners talk Mustang performance in their sleep. The only other closest place is Delk Performance out in Lebanon TN. About a 30 minute drive. He is a Mustang shop. But...we got to talking today about tuning for E85 and the tuner gave me zero confidence in his ability. He was trying to get me to figure out what injectors I needed for it lol! Me? Hell, your the tuner lol! WTF?

Again, my ignorance talking, but the "best" tuner I know of is 4 hours away in Atlanta. Was just hoping I could find someone closer that's all. No offense to anyone.
There are several good shops in Atlanta, who are talking about Bob Kurgon? MV performance? Injected Engineering?

GreenTerror

forum member
Reaction score
I don't have any loyalty to Brenspeed or Lund, I'm just curious since your running a B326 why not have Brenspeed tune it?

BruceH

BBB Big Bore Boss 322
Reaction score
I don't have any loyalty to Brenspeed or Lund, I'm just curious since your running a B326 why not have Brenspeed tune it?

They have a narrow band of mods they will tune for. They don't like tuning for anything that doesn't use 39lb injectors or that isn't a power adder they sell.

They are plenty busy so I'd say the business strategy works for them.

More than likely Timmbos build is going to require multiple revisions just to get the driveability correct. This means he needs a tuner who can and will be ready to tune for the unexpected. There are several who are capable. I'd personally go with lito but to each his own.

skwerl

tree hugger
Reaction score
From everything I've read, I would guess that Brenspeed has a library of premade tunes and somebody who can make some minor, basic adjustments on those tunes.

Torched S197

forum member
Reaction score
Blankingship is also very good with the 3v cars and is kind of close to you (KY) He just did my friends 05 whipple and recently(8months) did anothers 03 cobra tvs ...both cars are over 600 hp

This was going to be my suggestion. Although you're probably close to 4 hours away lee is going to be worth the trip.

muztangman93

forum member
Reaction score
LITO ftw Do it remotely and then youll know its safe and sound sitting in your garage and not out of your sight if any issues arise you will be able to fix them and resume all at one cost. I was leary about tuning mine on the street but I used a 4 lane highway and would wait till there was no traffic coming in either direction and hammer it down 3rd gear pull goes quick

white05gt

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
They have a narrow band of mods they will tune for. They don't like tuning for anything that doesn't use 39lb injectors or that isn't a power adder they sell.

More than likely Timmbos build is going to require multiple revisions just to get the driveability correct. This means he needs a tuner who can and will be ready to tune for the unexpected. There are several who are capable. I'd personally go with lito but to each his own.

THey struggled tuning my car which was one of their usual setups and finally I said fuck it and went some where else. Pretty sad since they installed the kit when I was working all the time and didn't have time to fuck with it. THey had it up there two different times and didn't get the tune right.

The part in bold is is spot on, when I mentioned to them I was going to setup my paxton 2200 to a blow through setup it was quite funny to hear their response. I had to switch tuners anyways since they couldn't tune a basic setup that they installed. I mean I guess it isn't bad if you don't mind unplugging the MAF and letting the car hit operating temp, shutting the car off, plugging the MAF back in and then going on your way lol.

Timmbo

forum member
Reaction score

I agree Bruce. This build with E85 is beyond what Brenspeed and Brent "wants" to do. IMO, Brenspeed likes to stick with "package" type kits. Kit's that are quick bolt ons with high reliability for the average enthusiast. Don't get me wrong though, they are an AWESOME shop and the quality and customer service is bar none! Period. Now that my stroker is stripped down for my new F/I, I combed over every inch. Not one oil leak, coolant leak or anything after 1k plus miles now. Intake valve ports and valves look great as well.

I appreciate you guys chiming in.

Bullett

Pwnisher
Reaction score
I too have come to believe "Jon Lund" is merely a metaphor for a book or something Ken B reads through to tune these cars. Idk. We may never know for certain.

kdanner

forum member
Reaction score
Some reason he should be avoided? Because the way they talk about him on svtp he may as well be Jesus Christ himself.

The short bus forum is a great source of entertainment. Maybe someday they'll catch on to the fact that even with their CJ manifolds they aren't getting any ET or speed, and that they need to be looking at their calibrations. Big dyno numbers though, if that is what you are in to.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back