Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
what's the deal, I'm not a member there and can't see it

psfracer

billy badass
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
A Ford GT being built to do 250 mph in the Texas Mile. F2 Procharger.

stkjock

---- Madmin ----
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
ahh, does a drive shaft go thru a Whipple housing to spin the procharger?

Freaknazty

KEYBOARD NINJA
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
ahh, does a drive shaft go thru a Whipple housing to spin the procharger?

Yep ! thing is just nuts all around man ...... didn't know you had to be a member there to see the stuff huh hang on .

Well ive been workn on his for about a year when i have time, but its close enough to runnin now so i thought id throw up the build thread.
I am building this car for the Texas Mile and as my stress reliever car. I plan on going 250+ in the mile with it.
A little break down on the specs of it. 2005 Ford Gt, 5.4 mod motor stock 4.165 stroke with larger 3.7 bore. 358 cubes darton sleeved block, Billet crank designed by myself with input from John Mihovetz from Accufab. Crank has center counter weights so i can turn this thing to 8500-9000rpms. Manley billet rods. Diamond pistons. Heads are going to be off the hook a little data on those when there done
icon_smile.gif
Going to be 11.5 to 1 compression and run on e98 for going retardedly fast and e85 for around town stress relieving
icon_smile.gif
Plan on making about 1600 flywheel hp on e98. Blower is going to be 1 of 3 F2's i have. Headers were pre bent from Stainless works and fitted by my self, along with the customs mufflers made by them also, just for this car!! The rest of the pipe came from Wolf Aircraft and was fabricated by my brother and my self. I did the Headers and Mark Wilkenson of Racecraft did all the welding. The Factory Blower was gutted and we removed where the throttle body was machined off about 3inched of the housing, then capped off where the rotors went and put a 1'' titanium jack shaft through it. I am also in the process now of having a carbon shaft made. Next i sent it do JOHN BECK of BECK MECHANICAL to do the elbow with where i positioned the T.B. He started with a 104 pound chunk of billet alum and machined the elbow and welded it up for me. The jackshaft then has a supercharger store gear drive coupler on it where it meats the blower. I designed the blower bracket. The car then went to RaceCraft Inc and the crew there drew up the Trans x-member, fabricated the blower pipe to t.b, and built the transfer tank for the belt driven fuel system! A big thanks goes out to PAT,MARK, COREY and the rest of the crew there for helping me out with this!!!! The fuel system will utilize a transfer tank that the factory pumps will pump into and then it will have a magnafuel belt pump and regulator, due to the fact that im runnin a set of 80lb and 160lb injectors on it. Firing this thing is a BS3 with alot of options, Pan vac, racepack egts, fuel pressure, coolant pressure, oil pressure, etc. I then figured out a way to utilize the oem coils instead of the LS1 coils for a cleaner look!! I had my machinist built me a custom set of Wilson d shaped fuel rails for it. It will also be sporting a Davis Traction control box as i have been working with Shannon on getn these to work in street cars!!!!
It will have dss axles, and the transmission is getn a fuel cryo and gear treatment from liberty in the near future. I then took all the new Ceramic composite brakes off the ZR1 corvette and Modified all the uprights off the GT so it would all fit. This dropped 44lbs of rotor rotating mass alone!!! I had 360 FORGED build me some 21*13 rear wheel wrapped in 355-25-21 Pirreli tires for the rear. and 20*9 for the front. I then sent them the material and they wrapped the centers of the wheels in blue carbon kevlar. Last but not least this thing is going to wear a complete Carbon Fiber body from Us as were are working on duplicating all the body panels off the car in carbon fiber. I am hoping to get the car around a 3000-3100lb weight! I guess that is about it for now off the top of my head

ENJOY

104_0701-1.jpg

104_0696.jpg

104_0701.jpg

104_0699.jpg

104_0695.jpg

104_0698.jpg

104_0690.jpg

104_0606.jpg

BTW They dont fuck around at Racecraft. It went from this drawing to a actual piece in less than a week!!! THANKS GUYS
icon_wink.gif

104_0603.jpg

104_0585.jpg

104_0604.jpg

104_0362.jpg

gt5.jpg

Here is a pic of kinda what the blower looked like stock with the throttle body spot machined off it.

stkjock

---- Madmin ----
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Thanks Beau, I had seen pics of that car previously, more then a year ago IIRC

Cali HP Addict

forum member
Reaction score
A truly awesome and definately insane project brother. I am very, very impressed with your skill and vision. Plus, you make me feel sane in my mod addiction. Congrats on the progress. I look forward to seeing you accomplish your goal. R

MexGT

forum member
Reaction score
uhmmmm not my thing, I rather keep the Ford GT nearly as stock as possible, but each to his own.

BTW I liked the engine block though.

alloy6ix

Wiener Dog Racer
Reaction score
uhmmmm not my thing, I rather keep the Ford GT nearly as stock as possible, but each to his own.

BTW I liked the engine block though.

I met some dude in McAllen a while back with a black 06 that's really damn nice and still stock. Know why he got the black 06? Because he loved his red 05 GT so much until he wrecked it and he just had to have another one. :thud:

470 GT/CS

forum member
Reaction score
Sick build, and this same guy built a $30,000 N/A 5.4 4V GT500 engine, bored/stroked it to 374 cubes, and made 717 HP. ^^

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back