how is it better to trade in

esworld05

GHR
Reaction score
I have an 07 gt wih 51k miles on it. My wife aka the boss lol, gave me the go ahead on a 5.0.
My question, is it better to trade it in with mods, or without mods? What gets you the most money?
I can easily remove all my mods myself, so labor isn't an issue. I would probably take off bbr stage 1 cams, frpp intake manifold, jlt cai, longtubes, x pipe, and I have some red leather seat covrs I haven't yet installed, well rcvd they get here tomorrow.

Thanks

Last edited:

stang389

forum member
Reaction score
agreed they will not give you any extra for the modifications to the car... part it out trade it in stock

Steedman07

Classified's Moderator:)
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Yup, mods may actually cost you trade-in value. Get the car back to stock, give it a good detail inside and out, and do some internet shopping first, get some pricing, then go visit at least 3 dealers and get numbers on your trade, and on the new car. Good luck..

MADGT

forum member
Reaction score
Like all of us, you modded your stang to your liking, unless you find someone else with your exact taste, you are better off returning to stock as much as possible. This will improve the dealer's resale value.

esworld05

GHR
Reaction score
Alright that sounds like a plan. I've been internet searching and have found 06 gts with more miles, around 56 59k, and they are selling for 23k. So I'm guessing I could atleast get 17k minimum for mine.

tylerxfire

forum member
Reaction score
^^ive been trying to sell my 07 GT/CS with 15k miles for 21k which is a great deal and cant get that or havent yet at least, so dont get too caught up in what other people are asking, they are just asking...good luck

esworld05

GHR
Reaction score
^^ive been trying to sell my 07 GT/CS with 15k miles for 21k which is a great deal and cant get that or havent yet at least, so dont get too caught up in what other people are asking, they are just asking...good luck

Those are actually dealership prices I saw, not private sale.

pwd72s

forum member
Reaction score
So, with all the 5.0 chinese transmission publicty, is your 5.0 going to be manual or automatic?

Viperrmk

forum member
Reaction score
Yes trade in stock form. Your not going to get anything for your mods at the dealer. And I'm not sure about your trade in price dude. I would have to say anywhere from 15-16 for trade or even less. =( dealers LOVE to low ball you on trades. And they are selling 06 GT's for 23k??? O.O ...... WOW. Congrats on getting a 5.0 =D

esworld05

GHR
Reaction score
yea I was freaking out when I saw the prices, lol. I would take 16k for mine, as long as I'm not upside down it'll be fine with me.

Its going to be standard, no other option lol

rduc

Reaction score
You could make more if you tried to sell it yourself.

Sent from my DROID2

DDTCM

Dan
Reaction score
Traded in my 07 w/45k on the clock with mods and got them to give me the price I would have taken on the street,$18k.

Newman

sumidicsayhuh?
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Congrats on the 5.0!
Let me know when you wanna let go of those cams .

AZ MSCL

forum member
Reaction score
I have an 07 gt wih 51k miles on it. My wife aka the boss lol, gave me the go ahead on a 5.0.
My question, is it better to trade it in with mods, or without mods? What gets you the most money?
I can easily remove all my mods myself, so labor isn't an issue. I would probably take off bbr stage 1 cams, frpp intake manifold, jlt cai, longtubes, x pipe, and I have some red leather seat covrs I haven't yet installed, well rcvd they get here tomorrow.

Thanks

NEVER trade in your car - ALWAYS sell it on your own. Trading in your car will result in you getting screwed on either the value of the trade, the cost of the new car or on the financing. This assumes you have equity in the car. If you owe on it, the dealer can incorporate the difference into your new loan but you will pay more for the new car. Also, ALWAYS get pre-approved before buying a car, it gives you leverage.

Unless the mods will work on your new car and you have the original stock replacements, don't bother removing them - you might find a niche buyer who wants them. Good luck with that 5.0, it is bad assed! Lucky you!

Last edited:

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back