I am officially a Pussie (going auto)

jsawyer

uh oh
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I am pulling my own trigger (sorry Roper I stole your line).
I will be using the same set up as Mark and Adam have. 2800 stall with a trans break and a billet input shaft. Adam says it should be ready by Thursday of next week which means June 17th 2008:leghump:

I do have some stuff for sale to pay for my tranny....I have my old tranny, make offer, my MGW shifter is sold I believe, and I have a new twin disk set up that goes for 1300 that I will take 800 for. I also have a set of sportline springs 150.00.

psfracer

billy badass
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Adam says it should be ready by Thursday of next week which means June 17th 2008:leghump:

:funnypost:

I want to see this car on the ET list as soon as you run it again with the auto.

When are you coming back down from Washington? June 17th?

don_w

Dyno Numbers - Who Cares?
Reaction score
Good choice... :moon2:

BTW, if you leave that car there any longer, you'll end up with a full cage, no seats, lexan windows, a chute, and you'll have to trailer it home, because it won't be streetable anymore.

psfracer

billy badass
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
BTW, if you leave that car there any longer, you'll end up with a full cage, no seats, lexan windows, a chute, and you'll have to trailer it home, because it won't be streetable anymore.

Another :funnypost:

jsawyer

uh oh
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
:funnypost:

I want to see this car on the ET list as soon as you run it again with the auto.

When are you coming back down from Washington? June 17th?
I am flying down next Thursday the 24th. I am going to put it into the wall err err run it at Irwindale then drive it home:clap:
Good choice... :moon2:

That is why I need to pick it up now. I am afraid I will end up with a full funny car body and I will need to trailer it.:naughty:

I will be interested in coming down if you guys put a track day together this summer though. Once I have a few passes under my belt:piano:

ChevyKiller

Preferred Internet Drink
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Can't wait to see you next week John. Yep - get that car out of there before you have to take it to Florida to get licensed.:samuri:

BTW: REAL MEN RUN AUTOS - 'Pussies' = guys who run manuals and give clutch/shift excuses why they lost.

don_w

Dyno Numbers - Who Cares?
Reaction score
I am flying down next Thursday the 24th. I am going to put it into the wall err err run it at Irwindale then drive it home
Hmmm... if we can get a full contingent of ST cars there that day, the Mrs and I might be able to make the drive to come see that.

psfracer

billy badass
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Dang, sorry I will be missing that. I will be 7,000 miles away at that time.

Hawgman

THE fucking bad guy
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
..... 2800 stall with a trans break ......

Why would you run a 2800 stall if it is going to "break" your trans?

Don't feel too badly about becoming a pussy. I am about to join the club myself.

jsawyer

uh oh
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Why would you run a 2800 stall if it is going to "break" your trans?

Hmmm,
Is this Hawg logic or an actual question? I am basically a moron in several areas. One of those areas is Auto trannys. It has a trans break, and the TC has a 2800 stall speed.:idea:

MLC40

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I am pulling my own trigger (sorry Roper I stole your line).
I will be using the same set up as Mark and Adam have. 2800 stall with a trans break and a billet input shaft. Adam says it should be ready by Thursday of next week which means June 17th 2008:leghump:

I do have some stuff for sale to pay for my tranny....I have my old tranny, make offer, my MGW shifter is sold I believe, and I have a new twin disk set up that goes for 1300 that I will take 800 for. I also have a set of sportline springs 150.00.

Another one infected with the no left foot driving virus. If you get a chance post up the part number of the clutch so I can do a little research on it. It was from Clutchmasters, right?

PS I bet you are counting the hours until you pick her back up. I hope to see track vids soon.

psfracer

billy badass
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Hmmm,
Is this Hawg logic or an actual question? I am basically a moron in several areas. One of those areas is Auto trannys. It has a trans BRAKE, and the TC has a 2800 stall speed.:idea:

Fixed. Just doing my part........

Buckman

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I prefer to call it the "clutch delete option"... and it's worth at least a 1/2-sec in the quarter.

Haha, nice one!
Shaving ET's as well as being consistent are reason enough to swap to auto.

Hawgman

THE fucking bad guy
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Hmmm,
Is this Hawg logic or an actual question?.....It has a trans break....

break
  1. to smash, split, or divide into parts violently; reduce to pieces or fragments
  2. to destroy or interrupt the regularity, uniformity, continuity, or arrangement of; interrupt
brake
  1. a device for slowing or stopping a vehicle or other moving mechanism by the absorption or transfer of the energy of momentum, usually by means of friction.
  2. anything that has a slowing or stopping effect

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back