initial start up vid. need help

Black Tooth Grin

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Shawn knows 100% that the dots on the gears and the dark links in the chains were lined up....he helped Larry H install all the front parts of the motor....so I don't know???..

So this is a Larry Hays motor?

SC boss

watch this!
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
yeah but I'm not sure this has anything to do with it just yet. When I get to the problem we will find out. If it does turn out to be timeing then it jumped because I pulled the cover after he left and double checked the timeing, oil pump etc.

Kevin@PMP

Reaction score
Call me if you need to, let me know if you need my number again. Anytime until 11pm or so is fine.

Last edited:

SC boss

watch this!
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
oh yeah, I popped the line off of the rail after trying to start it and I got a gas bath! we have spark and fuel. when I pulled the plugs I could wipe a tiny bit of fuel off the strap of the plug with my finger. ????

SC boss

watch this!
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
One thing that is going through my head now is whenever we turn the key on there is a weird electronic noise that comes from the throttle body or what I guess is the throttle position sensor? Never recall ever hearing this before.

05stroker

Never enough power guy!
Reaction score
One thing that is going through my head now is whenever we turn the key on there is a weird electronic noise that comes from the throttle body or what I guess is the throttle position sensor? Never recall ever hearing this before.
Let me guess click,click,click but fast ?

SC boss

watch this!
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
no, not at all. I dont even know how to explain this..... Like a robot cricket! lol not a clicking noise at all though. makes this noise for about 2seconds right when you turn the key on and it also makes another noise at the same time bye the air filter (maybe the mass air sensor makeing noise too?)

05stroker

Never enough power guy!
Reaction score
no, not at all. I dont even know how to explain this..... Like a robot cricket! lol not a clicking noise at all though. makes this noise for about 2seconds right when you turn the key on and it also makes another noise at the same time bye the air filter (maybe the mass air sensor makeing noise too?)
If you are faceing the motor from the front this is the senor on the right or left ? The one one the left would be the thottle position sensor and the one on the left is the throttle actuator motor. Also did you have to exatend the maf wires and are you sure you have voltage at the maf? In the video it sound the same as it would if the maf was unpluged. I would ck power to the TB connections and the maf before pulling of the front cover . When you turn it over for a while is there white smoke from the pipes durring or even after you stop cranking it?

SC boss

watch this!
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
did not see any smoke during or after cranking. The noise is comeing from the right/driver side so It is the actuator? Would this not be opening enough to even let enough air in to start? The mass air is plugged in for sure. Since it is makeing the noises wouldnt you think that it is getting power?

SC boss

watch this!
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
oh and the wire is extended from the MAFia which all of this is the same from the last setup. We have not cranked on this thing alot, why do you ask about the white smoke?

05stroker

Never enough power guy!
Reaction score
If you turn the key on ( not starting the car ) does it just sit there and make this noise?

05stroker

Never enough power guy!
Reaction score
oh and the wire is extended from the MAFia which all of this is the same from the last setup. We have not cranked on this thing alot, why do you ask about the white smoke?
When my msf connection was bad the car would crank over like your video and sound like it wanted to start but was just floodin and had smoke comeing from the pipes even after I stoped cranking it.

SC boss

watch this!
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
hmmm. what caused the bad connection and what was your solution? and yes with the key on it stops makeing the noise bye itself.

SC boss

watch this!
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
At 3 seconds in on the second posted video(one of the motor) If you crank the volume you can hear the noise.

05stroker

Never enough power guy!
Reaction score
hmmm. what caused the bad connection and what was your solution? and yes with the key on it stops makeing the noise bye itself.
First time was the connections were the maf had been exstended from the Procharger install but if yours just has the mafia added to the stock connector then this is a non issue for you. Second time it was not connected all the way at the maf.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back