Installing a paxton novi 2200.

D

Deleted member 162826

So I got that slim fan off amazon.. How are you guys wiring this? Did you cut the clip off the old oem one?

D

Deleted member 162826

Ok never mind. Talk about an easy mod. Pull out the old fan. Cut the connector off (power/ground) with enough wire to use on the new fan. Take the new slim fan and wire both power wires together, same with ground. Then connect the oem plug power + ground to those and install it. Uses the oem bolts and slips right in. A few zip ties to hold the sensor in place and keep the wires tucked. Frees up so much room...my recommended mods for this Paxton kit. BMR rad support $99. Slim fan off amazon $99. The amount of room it frees is crazy. Still on the stock coolant tank with no leaking issues. 1750 miles on blower setup crazy rich lol

Weight savings ~45lbs off the nose..

Next up, Bov, 3.33, waste gate, 10psi spring, 100" belt, retune on 100 octane. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member 162826

http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00AG...5_QL70&qid=1401492536&sr=8-38#ref=mp_s_a_1_38

So can anyone chime in that's bought this? Each fan has a blue and black wire, power and ground. I wired both the blue wires together and same with ground then those to the stock plug. I noticed they didn't kick on right away like my stock fan, but I had my tuner adjust it so the temp threshold was higher, maybe that needs to be lowered back down? Also could it be the location of the sensor? Those that have this where did you mount it and was this also the case? It was 65* out and I managed to get it 5* hotter than normal at idle. Also running temp was around 2-4* hotter on average for such a cool night. Again this might be my temp sensor location? Or I don't have them wired correctly and they are only spinning on low speed? I remember seeing a post in here that I can't find and someone said they had to wire it differently for high speed. I don't want my car to overheat, and with the way it is now, on a hot day it's going to.. Any help would be great!

D

Deleted member 162826

I am starting to have cooling issues with this fan and running ac.

Is 5-6* hotter acceptable with these? Also how did you wire the fans, same as I described? I'll be switching to 100oct very shortly and a retune. I do not DD the car. I take it out on nice weekends it's hardly driven and deff not abused.

cyclerick

forum member
Reaction score
Is there another slim fan alternative that will cool as well as or better than stock? Has anyone tried the JPC fan?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

D

Deleted member 162826

Well here's the thing.. I'm not 100% sure I have this wired correctly. I don't know if it's kicking on full high speed. I don't know if it's because I had my tuner adjust the threshold on my stock fan and it hasn't been adjusted back up for this one. Lastly I'm not sure about the sensor location. These 3 factors could in theory more than make up a 5-10* difference..I'm going to have to test a bunch of things I guess if no one can add more info who's running it.

onebadgsx

Reaction score
Is 5-6* hotter acceptable with these? Also how did you wire the fans, same as I described? I'll be switching to 100oct very shortly and a retune. I do not DD the car. I take it out on nice weekends it's hardly driven and deff not abused.

I wired as you described. But im.gonna hard wire it woth a relay to by pass the temp sensor. Dont know if that is effecting it. (Running on low all the time)

I dont notice it getting hot at all with out ac. Only when ac is running

D

Deleted member 162826

I'm running a 160* t stat maybe that's part of my issue. Some people said it lets the coolant pass through to fast. Maybe I should swap for a 180*.

SD07GT

forum member
Reaction score
If you getting any temp increase put the stock one back in , if it's not broke don't fix it !

fiveoh

forum member
Reaction score
Is the water pump pulley that comes with the Paxton kit the same size as the stock one?

Last edited:

cyclerick

forum member
Reaction score
Is there another slim fan alternative that will cool as well as or better than stock? Has anyone tried the JPC fan?

Advice would be appreciated.

D98GT

STREETCAR
Reaction score
Yes that pulley will work, there are some cheaper ones in the classifieds that onebadgsx is selling

D

Deleted member 162826

I have a $20 off any order for this site so I figured it would be a good deal.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back