Interesting CAI Observation

Laga

Reaction score
I finally got my 05 back together after engine rebuild.
1DB7B6B8-A742-4D33-A3E4-2DFF9A25DC07.jpeg 3AEF0D39-4F34-4F4D-9E56-50229A369CDE.jpeg
As you can see, I have a insulated cover over the CAI because it does not seal against the fiberglass Cervinis hood.
When I took it out for a test drive on a 90° day, I noticed that the coolant, intercooler, oil, and IAT were all running at least 15-20 hotter than normal with regular around town driving. When I got home, I discovered I had forgotten to replace the cover on the CAI and the air intake was drawing in heat from under the hood. I replaced the cover and retraced my route, and all temperatures dropped back to normal. Evidence of just how much difference a CAI can make.

GlassTop09

Reaction score
I finally got my 05 back together after engine rebuild.
View attachment 83367 View attachment 83368
As you can see, I have a insulated cover over the CAI because it does not seal against the fiberglass Cervinis hood.
When I took it out for a test drive on a 90° day, I noticed that the coolant, intercooler, oil, and IAT were all running at least 15-20 hotter than normal with regular around town driving. When I got home, I discovered I had forgotten to replace the cover on the CAI and the air intake was drawing in heat from under the hood. I replaced the cover and retraced my route, and all temperatures dropped back to normal. Evidence of just how much difference a CAI can make.
Excellent work in redesigning that airbox to better achieve the properties of a CAI, Laga!
I saw that in your other pictures you posted.......put a smile on my face.

Good stuff!

Laga

Reaction score
Thanks. It’s insulated heat shield material painted black. It is on the sides and top. There is a piece of plexiglass underneath the top piece for a better seal and rigidity. Won’t win any beauty contests, but it works.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back