Irishman vs Me....

KIMMER

Admin
Reaction score
Well, I knew I had no chance, but it's fun to run em! I ran my tires at 45 psi because it's a pain to drop the air without climbing under the car to get to the stems on the back of the foose 20's, but i'll do it next time because I couldn't hook up to save my live. 2.14-2.48 60 foot times all night and couldn't get below 12.30 when my car was running 11.8's when it had the manual trans. I do like having an auto now though for racing! I hope to hit the track again next week. Here's the result of 450 rwhp auto and 630 rwhp stick...lol

Here's another vid of me vs a stock gt.

Last edited:

Mike K

WANNA BE FAST
Reaction score
Damn did he rape you top end!

It's all in good fun though and running them at the track always is.

JSmitty

Reaction score
Looked like fun.. that is a nice camera, I'm gonna have to get one.

94tbird

4R70W FTMFW
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
you stayed with him for a while there haha

rxpwhistler1

forum member
Reaction score
^ what he said

I was starting to wonder if he was even going to pass you! Both cars are pretty sick!!

retfr8flyr

The Old One
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
If you put some good tires on he will have a hard time catching you unless he drives better than he did on that run.

Earl

KIMMER

Admin
Reaction score
45psi? Is that right?
Unfortunately, yes...my valve stems are on the back side of the wheels and I didn't feel like crawling under my car in the wet grass to let air out..lol. Next week when I go up I will let air out and run them at 20 psi like I normally do.

Yeah, he couldn't hook up at all, that's the only reason it looked close. If he gets it to grip, he'd be in the 10's easy. I noticed on my slip that my speed is only around 114 mph where I use to be at 119 mph when it was the 5 speed manual. Didn't realize an auto would affect it that much, but it did. I'll have some more vids next week if the weather is good and we can get out there again.

tagle281

forum member
Reaction score
Unfortunately, yes...my valve stems are on the back side of the wheels and I didn't feel like crawling under my car in the wet grass to let air out..lol. Next week when I go up I will let air out and run them at 20 psi like I normally do.

Yeah, he couldn't hook up at all, that's the only reason it looked close. If he gets it to grip, he'd be in the 10's easy. I noticed on my slip that my speed is only around 114 mph where I use to be at 119 mph when it was the 5 speed manual. Didn't realize an auto would affect it that much, but it did. I'll have some more vids next week if the weather is good and we can get out there again.

I was asking cuz I have 20's on mine and didn't realizE that the psi should be that high for daily driving. I keep mine at 32.

stkjock

---- Madmin ----
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
:lol:

I figured he must have been spinning his ass off for him not to be seen in the first few seconds of the run.

UltraKla$$ic

PERENNIAL WAXXER
Reaction score
Awesome vid Kim!!! Thanks for sharing. Your car sounds wicked good and ran nicely all things considered! Irish pulled HARD at the end...LOL!

I enjoyed that and I agree. NICE CAMERA!!!!!!!!!

MOAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

EDIT: time for a 5.4L transplant. LOL!!!

Last edited:

KIMMER

Admin
Reaction score
either a 302 stroker or complete 5.0 coyote swap..lol

I can't say enough good about the gopro HD camera setup!

KIMMER

Admin
Reaction score
I was asking cuz I have 20's on mine and didn't realizE that the psi should be that high for daily driving. I keep mine at 32.

Just depends on your brand of tire. I normally run mine about 5lbs below max. Not the best ride, but better fuel mileage.

Irishman

Ricer
Reaction score
When are you going up next week? Wednesday or friday? Might try again but this time with weight in the trunk haha. It is always fun to run with friends. Also a big fan of the gopro hd.

Franchi

Senior JR Member....
Reaction score
Hey Kimmer, did you get any shots by chance of the caravan we did up to Mustang Alley? Just wanted to hear what my car sounded like on the freeway with a decent camera.

Irishman

Ricer
Reaction score
Here is a view of the same race from my car looking over at Kimmer. I blew my fuel pump fuse before the finish line which you can see from Kimmers video. It looks like my car is driving into a hole at the strip haha.
Skip to 1:40 I was stupid and didn't edit the video before uploading it.

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back