Just got an 05 GT..

Get_K.O'D

Reaction score
so I just picked up a windveil blue 05 GT and right now its pretty much stock, the only mod it has is a shaker hood. I know I'll be putting on a Mac axle back soon, but what are some other good bolt-ons to wake it up a little bit? It is my daily driver so I'm looking for ideas of stuff that wont put my car out of service for long, and something that wont hurt driveability much. thanks.

tjm73

of Omicron Persei 8
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
so I just picked up a windveil blue 05 GT and right now its pretty much stock, the only mod it has is a shaker hood. I know I'll be putting on a Mac axle back soon, but what are some other good bolt-ons to wake it up a little bit? It is my daily driver so I'm looking for ideas of stuff that wont put my car out of service for long, and something that wont hurt driveability much. thanks.

Congrats. Welcome as well.

If it's a daily driver the MACS might get old quick. They drone. I have FRPP/Borla Stingers. No drone. Something to consider. Post up some pics.

Is it a stick or auto?

My car is also nearly stock and a daily driver. I found that I get better gas mileage, more power and the car runs better on 92 octane gas. The gas mileage is better enough that over all it's actually cheaper to run premium than regular for my driving.

UltraKla$$ic

PERENNIAL WAXXER
Reaction score
Full exhaust including LONG TUBE headers, CAI, cams, CMCV deletes, a tune, Underdrive pullies, and lowering springs for starters. DO IT!!:thumb2:

All DIY stuff with a simple concept of tool usage. lol

Wicked Pissah

forum member
Reaction score
Full exhaust including LONG TUBE headers, CAI, cams, CMCV deletes, a tune, Underdrive pullies, and lowering springs for starters. DO IT!!:thumb2:

All DIY stuff with a simple concept of tool usage. lol

i can see full exhaust/longtubes, cai, cmcv deletes, a tune, udps, and springs for a DIY, but CAMS?? damn lmao

Get_K.O'D

Reaction score
thanks guys. Its 5spd. here are some pics the dealer had for it, I havent had a chance to take so forgive the crappy pics..
737b7bc80a0a0064004e50ee4bc1dea9.jpg

737b80e50a0a0064004e50ee3f4b06a1.jpg

737b9a4a0a0a0064004e50ee5e9c5ea8.jpg

737bba270a0a0064004e50eee33bb2b3.jpg

UltraKla$$ic

PERENNIAL WAXXER
Reaction score
i can see full exhaust/longtubes, cai, cmcv deletes, a tune, udps, and springs for a DIY, but CAMS?? damn lmao

Yup, cams. Easy peasy with a little common sense and the right instructions.

I did mine myself and I'm by no means a mechanic. LOL!! Nuts and bolts!:thumb2:

To the OP, car looks great! Here is a shot of my old WVB! Great color!:thumb2:

sig4.jpg

Last edited:

laz2447

forum member
Reaction score
welcome! nice color...:)

cai w/tune should be the first thing you do...I just ordered mine on friday!

:thumb2:

Last edited:

Riptide

Will work for Mustang.
Reaction score
CAI/Tune, 4.10 gears, CMDP, and UDP are going to be the quickest easiest way to gain a big boost in performance. Most of the other stuff requires significantly more time, tools, and experience to deal with.

Some people will say to do a driveshaft and you certainly can. They aren't that tough to install. But if you have vibration issues it can become a HUGE pain in the ass. Might be better to stay away from it for now.

Ch4r1ie

The Limey Bastard
Reaction score
Welcome! Looking good... WB is by far the best and fastest colour by the way :thumb2:

1andonlywhitie

The Australian...
Reaction score
Welcome OP. I'd do a set of rims and axle-backs. That's just me though. Nice car regardless. :p

Oh, and ditch the license-plate frames. ;)

If it's a daily driver the MACS might get old quick. They drone. I have FRPP/Borla Stingers. No drone. Something to consider.

Really? I have the Mac's on my car and they hardly drone at all...

dascoyne

Enormous Member
Reaction score
Very nice.
The first thing I'd do is remove that Auto Centers decal from the trunk lid.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back