Lights not working, help?

Chris91

Reaction score
So my 2011 GT decided it doesn't like lights. One day, the low beams on both sides decided to just stop working all together. I had the Raxiom s550 style headlights in it with a set of Morimoto HID's. I figured maybe a fuse blew. After searching around, I realized there isn't a fuse for the headlights. I checked the voltage at the plug for both and nothing. This led me to believe the switch went bad and I had a few others tell me its a common occurrence. So I ordered a new one since they are cheap and low and behold, no fix. The high beams worked for a while but they too have stopped working now. I even tried putting the stock headlights back in just to see if the Raxioms or HID kit was to blame and again nothing. Foglights work just fine though... I know the floor has never been wet so I didn't think it was the smart junction box. Does anyone have an idea of what might be the problem?

Also, not sure if its related, but my reverse lights don't work either. I'm goin nuts here. Can't drive my car at night!

And please, don't tell me to bring it to the dealership. I cant really afford that at the moment. I have some health issues going on and its just not in the cards right now.

GriffX

Reaction score
Take a look at your SJB if you see some signs of overload, like melted plastic. In the EU red blinkers are not allowed so the import companies connected all brake lights to the line of the 3rd brake light which leads to overload and a defect of the driver transistor in the SJB, but not immediately instead after 6 month of driving.
You should measure the voltage at the SJB to get some more information.
The driver transistors can be repaired with basic solder skills, it's not too difficult.

pass1over

I like it LOW
Reaction score
maybe the multifunction switch? They like to route everything through there it seems. Although they're on national backorder at the moment apparently, I've been looking for one myself.

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back